View Single Post
Old 01-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by stereorob2.0 View Post
...they all have brand new doublewides, brand new cars, brand new nice everything. -and NONE of them work!!...
Lets see, don't knee-jerk this...

I don't live where you do nor am I privy to your situation or theirs. What I can tell you is that looks can be deceiving. For example, the unenlightened might have the notion to claim -- ridiculously -- such things about Native people. The best example I can offer, related to Natives, indicating that what you perceive is veneer is this:

Yes, it is true that some Natives have small, functional, simple brick homes built for them in community lots with other Natives. These homes are subsidized and housing costs are ridiculously inexpensive.

They, also, will never be owned by the occupant because they're not designed to build wealth, foster lineage landowners, formulate generational stability or act as anything beyond reasonably short-term living arrangements for a single generation to be exploited -- even if it's a housing payoff to remain docile -- in the best interests of "The Man." (Payments, at best, cover upkeep. When you die, another occupant moves in. Plus, its based on income so it hurts you to get a job or improve your lot in life...)

That's how it was planned.

To be honest, I doubt the picture in your trailer park is quite how you see it, I'm sure there's something else going on.