View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Surviving? FOX beats all the other cable news COMBINED. The O'Reilly factor has been #1 in it's time slot for 8 years! Now their ratings are skyrocketing due to this silliness with the Obama administration (not that they needed any help). I enjoy getting my news from FOX for the simple reason that their anchors actually smile, and act pleasant. The lesbian and that other dude on MSNBC look like they are on the verge of chewing a gun barrel every night.
Neither the O'Reilly Factor nor Countdown should be rated as news shows. They are both entertainment. Rate them against Leno or Letterman, but don't call them news. It's like getting all of your news from the editorial page. One might glean a few bits of information from an opinion piece, but the writers don't pretend that they are reporting the news in an op-ed piece. Fox, however, pretends to be neutral when it's story selection, attitude and delivery all show that to be false.

Note: I wrote this several hours ago before my internet crashed. It still seems relevant.

Regards,

D-Ray