View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 11:13 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Need someone to do your homework for you? OK, fine...
There's not a single direct quote above from the (sealed) transcript of Comey's testimony. Below is what I appended to my post above you probably didn't see before you composed your bogus response.

Show me the exact quote from Comey in which he said that. While you're (unsuccessfully) looking for it, here's an exact quote from Michael Flynn after his guilty plea:

“After over 33 years of military service to our country, including nearly five years in combat away from my family, and then my decision to continue to serve the United States, it has been extraordinarily painful to endure these many months of false accusations of ‘treason’ and other outrageous acts. Such false accusations are contrary to everything I have ever done and stood for. But I recognize that the actions I acknowledged in court today were wrong, and, through my faith in God, I am working to set things right. My guilty plea and agreement to cooperate with the special counsel’s office reflect a decision I made in the best interest of my family and of country. I accept fully responsibility for my actions.”

If you're actually interested in the specifics of Flynn's lies to which he pleaded guilty, here are the court documents. Knowing you, you'd rather rely on Devin Nunes' mischaracterization of events in support of your Dear Leader.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/michael-...ment-documents

Flynn agreed with the laundry list of lies and omissions in the charging document and signed the following statement on the bottom of the plea deal:

I have read every page of this Agreement and have discussed it with my attorneys, Robert
K. Kelner and Stephen P. Anthony. I fully understand this Agreement and agree to it without
reservation. I do this voluntarily and of my own free will, intending to be legally bound. No
threats have been made to me nor am I under the influence of anything that could impede my
ability to understand this Agreement fully. I am pleading guilty because I am in fact guilty of the
offense identified in this Agreement.

I reaffirm that absolutely no promises, agreements, understandings, or conditions have
been made or entered into in connection with my decision to plead guilty except those set forth
in this Agreement. I am satisfied with the legal services provided by my attorneys in connection
with this Agreement and matters related to it.

Last edited by finnbow; 05-08-2018 at 11:29 AM.