View Single Post
Old 07-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacaltenn View Post
If you're so "Abso-friggin'-lutely!" about Article VI.3 -- then how's cum the 1st thing I hear from lefties parsing candidates is "how religious they are" or "what are their biblical beliefs"?

I have no idea. Why don't you ask one someday.

No religious test -- means religious beliefs are also "not relevent" to holding office. Protects Bachmann and Atheists as well. (and especially difficult cases like Kennedys and Romneys..) Taking the oath to uphold the Constitution is more important and OUGHT to be enforced after the swearing-in.

Correct. A public office holder can believe in whatever they wish. So long as they never attempt to declare their beliefs a "State Religion".

But given your personal nightmares -- I can understand. So I'll help you out when I can to make certain that govt power is never usurped for the purpose of "religious abuse" of any kind. I just can't cuddle up to AU because they fall on the wrong side of a lot of important arguments that I have to win. For instance school choice, and the true (unfiltered, uncensored) celebration of multicultural roots..
Uh...... Thanks, I guess.

Dave