View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Economics 101, supply and demand, the more volume of a commodity the less it cost.
The supply of workers has overwhelmed the demands of production.
When a business produces more at a lower operating cost it's profit. Which is the whole premiss to running a business.

The gripe should be the purchasing power of the currency one earns. Anybody can double there currency denomination but the inflation just dilutes it to were the quality of life is stagnant or backwards.

This is the hidden tax that the majority does not look at. This subject would be mute if everyone's earnings had the purchasing power of of thirty years ago. How about interest earned for your dollars saved goes back to around 8 percent again.
Once again, REALLY???
I suggest you go back an read 19th history of the US worker. Look up Rockefeller, Vanderbilt, Carnegie, and so on. If a corporation can enslave you to make their money, they will, Period. No such BS as supply and demand. The only time this even remotely cam close to true, was when the Unions were strongest and the middle class was at its peak. It is when the middle class is strong, when they earn a good wage, then and only then would we have purchasing power. When we are paid peanuts, the CEO's are paid some 200x the average worker, then we have nothing but slave labor.