View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 10:51 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCricket View Post
Right now I don't care less who is to blame. It is the solution I want to see.

According to last night, Obama's plan "might" cut up to 1.5 trillion over the next ten(IIRC) years. The GOP is saying they will 6.2 trillion in the next four.

What he GOP didn't say is what they would cut to get that level. I am sure it isn't defense. I also bet they are not going to raise taxes. That leaves mostly medicare, medicaid, SS, unemployment, and welfare programs to be cut. I have balanced many buidgets in my day. I cannot see a 6.2 trillion change without MASSIVE cuts. So they are either lying, or they are lying.

I might be able to believe Obama's plan if he would just give a high level outline or something on it.
They're doing worse than lying. In pandering to their base, they are making them promises that if kept, could be ruinous to many people. Most of whom have done nothing wrong. The only crime most of them committed was to grow old without securing independent wealth along the way. The problem is that once the promise is made and not kept, those to whom the promise was made will begin to demand it, consequences be damned. In some ways one could say that such broken promises are why were have such unrest today. Ponder that for a while.

Dave