View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Something needs to be done about Fox.

Their motives are suspect and they are clearly detrimental to the future of our country.
We need legislation that forces them to be honest when portraying themselves as a news network.

I disagree.

I would say something needs to be done about the media in general. There are time when I wonder who runs this country. The government, the people, or the media? As I see it, the tail is wagging the dog, and this is the cause for all of the confusion and misinformation floating about. Instead of reporting the news the media generates it. Oh, don't get me wrong, the two major parties have their agendas to be sure.
But more and more the fight appears to be between Rupert Murdoch and George Soros, two men who are not even citizens of this country, rather than Republican v.s. Democrat.

Our system is supposed to be a government for the people, as elected by the people to serve the interests of the people. But, somewhere along the line, the media began to manipulate, rather than report. It has been going on much longer than FOX or MSNBC have been around, but it seems to have gotten much worse with time.

The thing I get a big kick out of is this;
"I heard (Insert propaganda here.) on (Insert bullshit outlet here.) and checked it out on SNOPES. It's true!."

Really. Who owns SNOPES, and what is their bias? Well, where did you hear about it first? I heard about Snopes for the first time from----Limbaugh.
Hmmmmm.....

"History shall be very kind to me, indeed. As I intend to write it."--Winston Churchill.

Do I have my bias? Of course I do. We all do.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-24-2009 at 05:16 PM.