View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Admin

Ed, I'm an avid fisherman and my neck is indeed red from the many hours working in the sun. That doesn't make me a redneck in the literal sense. I can only speak for myself but perispicacious with a periscope was an allusion to your obvious smarts and sometimes round about way of getting at things. No ill feelings intended.
As to being for the environment it doesn't mean to my mind closing it off to human use. I want the thing to be husbanded for the future. Here in the desert we have some dickish folk who think they are entitled to off road everything into the ground and tear it up where ever they feel. The land doesn't heal very fast. That needs to stop. In California, the pendulum has swung to some absurd extremes of protecting every little thing because mining and logging interests have striped and pillaged for too long. I'm confident that cooler heads will prevail eventually.

As a fisherman I'm all for upholding the game laws, poachers beware. I would rat out anyone I saw taking overlimits or undersized catches or protected species.

Being green has different connotations and your jesting comment about me being a green weenie got you a redneckian tag back, no big deal. I think you may be a little too prickley but far from a true redneck, IMO. Redneck usually means racist to most folk BTW.