View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
o.k, then you probably have a idea how Iraqis feel about the US. You'd have even better idea if they were to arbitrarily invade the US, occupy it for a decade, slaughter whatever factions they didn't like here, install a puppet government, then hauled ass, leaving everything in shambles.
I don't disagree with you at all, but I doubt they would make any efforts whatsoever to spare our women and children, and we did, to the cost of a lot of our guys lives. I don't think America should be involved in ANY war, unless we are attacked or have proof positive of an impending attack, like some say we did with Pearl Harbor. That said, I think we were attacked on 9/11 by the talliban. In my way of thinking then, any country who harbored the talliban should have been obliterated to the extent that we knew for certain, no talliban survived. I know that's harsh, but 9/11 was harsh. For example, when we found Osama living in Pakistan, we should have rained death and destruction over a 500 mile radius. Scorched earth, the black flag. If nothing else, it would serve as an example to other countries that they may want to out the talliban themselves, before we have to. Back in WWII, I think the American citizens felt like one of our boys lives was worth 100 of Japanese or German lives (what changed and when). Obviously Truman did, and we haven't had any trouble out of the Japanese since.