View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 09:32 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Believe it or not, I'm not as negative as some of you.

The system stinks, to be sure. You can draw your conclusions from the Keynes camp, or the Ludwig von Mises camp, or from a combination of the two.

But either are economic theorys. Economic reality is that if peoples faith in the economic system fails, the system will collapse. And we're in too deep to fold.

I figure that the big boys will keep the big wheel a'spinnin". Not the 1st time that society has stared into the abyss.

Just look at the alternative.

Chas
Oh, I agree 100%, Charles. If I really was as morose about the economy as I sometimes can appear to be, would I have gone out and bought a $36,000 car a month and a half ago? No. I'm not THAT stupid. I'm a bluecollar kind of guy, but I have investments and believe it or not, am on pretty solid financial ground. Few people that I know personally have used the system as successfully as I have. The irony of it is that most of my friends who are in dire straights right now, or close to it, are Republicans. The reason they are so upset about anyone tinkering with the economy is because they are the ones who are teetering on the brink.

I don't hate capitalism, I just think it could better serve everyone, if it was used more responsibly. That if we left capitalists solely to their own devices, they would suck the system dry and leave the rest of us with nothing. And, unfortunately, only strong government can prevent that, IMHO.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-15-2009 at 09:36 PM.