Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2014, 02:28 PM

Mom used a wooden spoon, and broke quite a few. But her most effective tool was "wait until your Father gets home". The anticipation of being punished was far worse than the actual spanking.
Dad used his belt, doubled back on itself so it made a nice popping sound. Same reason you use a rolled up newspaper on a dog- the sound is the big effect, getting hit with newspaper doesn't really hurt. Occasionally he would use a switch, and we were required to go pick it out and cut it ourselves. Again, the anticipation was very effective.
At school they used paddles. Teachers would make them themselves with help from the shop teacher. All shapes and sizes, some with holes drilled through for better aerodynamics. Many were lovingly decorated with various slogans, lightning bolts, targets, etc. The shop teacher himself was very enthusiastic with his paddle. He would stalk the shop floor, and if saw someone at the band saw or the lathe with jewelry on or shirt untucked, he'd sneak up and smack you. I'm surprised nobody lost a finger. He also had an open invitation for anyone to take him on trading swats. One real big kid, Paul Yokely, brought that shop teacher to tears.
Started out at a Catholic school, where Mother Superior (equivalent to the principal) was rumored to have a paddling machine in her office. This is where you went when paddling by the teacher nun wasn't cutting it. I had visions of some crazy mechanical contraption you had to crawl through, but a classmate who had been there told me the paddling machine was Mother Superior herself.

Never, in all my spankings, was I ever injured in any way.
Went through a stage where I would just laugh while being admonished, which of course was meant to enrage my parents, and it usually worked. They would send me to my room with the promise of a spanking after I had some time to think about my behavior. I'm sure this was to allow themselves time to cool down. Of course I would laugh later while they were spanking me too, but by then they'd calmed themselves and weren't rattled.

Isn't it weird that although I was raised in a spanking culture, I don't feel the need to strike out at people with personal attacks and insults?
Nor do I feel the need to make comments about how nice it would be if my least favorite politicians would get run over by a bus or have massive heart failure.

Last edited by Wasillaguy; 09-21-2014 at 02:33 PM.