Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-14-2014, 12:18 PM
Persona non grata

Senator Rubio unveils proposal to reform retirement policy

This is just the old Recycled Ryan Plan to fuck the average schmucks in their old age.

http://news.yahoo.com/senator-rubio-...1--sector.html

Quote:
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Senator Marco Rubio, a likely Republican candidate for the White House, on Tuesday unveiled plans to give more Americans a way to save for retirement while raising the retirement age for younger workers.
Quote:
Rubio proposed opening up to more Americans the federal Thrift Savings Plan currently offered to federal employees and members of Congress. It allows workers to make tax-free contributions, similar to a 401(k) plan.

Rubio's plan would also give seniors a fixed amount of money for buying health care plans, from either a private company or from Medicare. Rubio said the government would contribute to the cost of the insurance, pegging the amount to the cheapest option available.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:20 PM
Persona non grata

The Ryan/Rubio Plan for Medicare and Social Security.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oesSyvh76g
Old 05-14-2014, 03:20 PM
Banned

Rubio hates working people. He probably even hates Cuban working people. He's filled with envy that certain people were born at a time where they could contract with their employers, in the private or public sector, for a decent pension plan, security for their retirement years, in exchange for lower wages or salary during their working years.

Now that they have it, common thieves like Rubio want to strip them of it because, "...the country can't afford it." The country needs to fucking figure out how to afford it. My first suggestions...no more new tactical quadrillion dollar fighter attack aircraft, and three active carrier groups instead of 11. One for the east coast, one for the west coast, and one for the Persian Gulf because the member states of the Arab League don't seem to be able to figure out a way to control themselves.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Jigsawed

Rubio is trying to shore up his right wing credentials after being blasted by the wing nuts for his immigration proposals.

I think he is wasting his time. They do not trust him and can easily read this play.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:35 PM

Like he got to worry about waiting to retire. I like to hear what he'd say if he was a sixty year old laborer with a bad back and heart problems.

Raising the retirement age what a crock of elephant dung!

Barney
Old 05-14-2014, 03:37 PM

Ain't it amazing how the republicans will screw over everyone and anyone to save themselves a few tax dollars they would probably piss off on a bottle or a whore anyways.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:58 PM

What gets me about any of these plans where an individual can place funds into stock and bonds. Not everyone is smart with money. Or wait to late to start saving.

Plus there will be fee's to guess who, financial advisers, banks for these accounts. Then who picks up the shortfall after the money is spent in retirement? Or with a death excess funds?

Barney
Old 05-14-2014, 04:06 PM

Right, Rubio and the right wing nutjobs are all out to screw the working guy. We all know that with no changes, Medicare and Social Security are fully solvent programs, even with the anticipated increase in required benefits that these programs will need to pay out due to the changing demographics of the US population.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
What gets me about any of these plans where an individual can place funds into stock and bonds. Not everyone is smart with money. Or wait to late to start saving.

Plus there will be fee's to guess who, financial advisers, banks for these accounts. Then who picks up the shortfall after the money is spent in retirement? Or with a death excess funds?

Barney
Yeah, most folks are too stupid to figure out what to do with their money. And with all of the bond buyback activity under QE, aren't the financial advisers and investment houses making enough money as it is?
Old 05-14-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
Ain't it amazing how the republicans will screw over everyone and anyone to save themselves a few tax dollars they would probably piss off on a bottle or a whore anyways.
Right. Don't let Bob Menendez or Elliot Spitzer find out that some Repub is trying to cut in on his girls.