Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-15-2014, 11:20 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Any idiot with enough muscle can bench press 200 lbs or more. You don't need a brain at all to be a musclehead. That goes on every day and it has absolutely NOTHING has nothing to do with anything. Nor does ones military activities 40+ years ago. With age, most individuals faculties degrade. Maybe yours haven't? FINE.

Stop shittin' your pants. I don't want to take your toys.

Dave
It doesn't take much to be proficient with a firearm.

It's harder to learn to text on a cell phone.

The problem isn't proficiency.

The problem is stupidity.

And I have known stupid people that no amount of training could fix.

Like my co-worker's brother-in law that was playing with his shotgun while sitting in his recliner watching TV and blew a hole in his ceiling.

As the saying goes "You can't fix stupid."
Old 01-15-2014, 11:22 AM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post

And yet you buy the concept of an unfettered 2A?
Old 01-15-2014, 11:25 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Yeah, but Pat.....

You should know by now, that if it's a veteran he can do no wrong. And, if you question the sacred cow, it's only because you have no respect and therefore........hate America.

I'm a veteran, I come from a family full of veterans and I think that mentality is as dumb as a day is long.

Dave
And there's always Charles Whitman, an ex-Marine who earned a Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, a Sharpshooter's Badge and the Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal before murdering 16 and wounding 32 at UT Austin in 1966.

And then, of course, we have Timothy McVeigh who earned a Bronze Star, National Defense Service Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal, Non-Commissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon, Army Service Ribbon, Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia) before bombing the Federal Building in OKC.

My father was an Army careerist and JAG officer who came home with many tales of some very nasty, murderous behavior by service members he either defended or prosecuted (JAG criminal attorneys rotate assignments). And I lived around or worked for the US Army for the first 37 years of my life. I harbor no delusions about the inherent superiority/heroism of our men in uniform.
Old 01-15-2014, 11:26 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
And yet you buy the concept of an unfettered 2A?
No, actually I don't.

All I have are two revolvers.

I don't even trust myself with an autoloader because I go for months on end without even touching a gun.

It's too easy to forget whether or not you have a round in the chamber.

As for assault rifles, they should be limited to Military and law enforcement use only IMO.

As for the old SOB that shot the guy in the Movie theater, he should be tried, convicted and executed IMO.

But don't look for that to happen, this is fucking Florida after all, and he's a white dude.

However. it should have never gone that far.

He complained to the management.

That was the right thing to do.

In a perfect world the Movie Theater would have sent someone out to tell that other Dude to either put his cell phone away or we will throw you out of here.

Last edited by Tom Joad; 01-15-2014 at 11:49 AM.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:20 PM
Area Man

Quote:
It doesn't take much to be proficient with a firearm.

It's harder to learn to text on a cell phone.

Like my co-worker's brother-in law that was playing with his shotgun while sitting in his recliner watching TV and blew a hole in his ceiling.

As the saying goes "You can't fix stupid."
And, an older person who was once very skilled with a firearm, but now suffers from ailments common to advancing age....................?

I'm 50, and I know my eyesight isn't what it was just five years ago.

I'm sure there are tons of Vets who think they are still every bit as bad ass as they were in Vietnam, Korea or Guadalcanal.

Think about it, Tom.

Dave
Old 01-15-2014, 12:24 PM
Area Man

Quote:
No, actually I don't.

All I have are two revolvers.

I don't even trust myself with an autoloader because I go for months on end without even touching a gun.

As for assault rifles, they should be limited to Military and law enforcement use only IMO.

As for the old SOB that shot the guy in the Movie theater, he should be tried, convicted and executed IMO.

But don't look for that to happen, this is fucking Florida after all, and he's a white dude.

However. it should have never gone that far.

He complained to the management.

That was the right thing to do.

In a perfect world the Movie Theater would have sent someone out to tell that other Dude to either put his cell phone away or we will throw you out of here.
True dat. Except in 2014, businesses are afraid to confront customers for fear of lawsuits.
Old 01-15-2014, 12:41 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
And there's always Charles Whitman, an ex-Marine who earned a Marine Corps Good Conduct Medal, a Sharpshooter's Badge and the Marine Corps Expeditionary Medal before murdering 16 and wounding 32 at UT Austin in 1966.

And then, of course, we have Timothy McVeigh who earned a Bronze Star, National Defense Service Medal, Southwest Asia Service Medal, Non-Commissioned Officer Professional Development Ribbon, Army Service Ribbon, Kuwait Liberation Medal (Saudi Arabia) before bombing the Federal Building in OKC.

My father was an Army careerist and JAG officer who came home with many tales of some very nasty, murderous behavior by service members he either defended or prosecuted (JAG criminal attorneys rotate assignments). And I lived around or worked for the US Army for the first 37 years of my life. I harbor no delusions about the inherent superiority/heroism of our men in uniform.
(Early 1970s.) I remember my Dad and few other neighborhood men, rushing to the aid of a woman one night whose husband a WW2 Marine Corp veteran had gotten drunk, gone over the edge and started shooting up the house. An apparent case of "flashback". They got her out of the house and to safety just as the cops arrived. The cops held him off until he finally ran out of ammo, then went in and arrested him. (Between him and the police, the house was a mess.)

For years after that, he spewed hatred at the police and the government in general, because he felt they had disrespected a war veteran by making him deal with the indignity of arresting him and making him sit in jail. (He also went to the VA for psych evaluation.)

Dave
Old 01-15-2014, 01:49 PM
Resident octogenarian

I am very well acquainted with a lady whose first husband was an ex Marine. He was abusive so one day she had the door locks changed. When he came home she opened a second floor window and threw all his clothes out into the snow. He picked them up and went home to momma. She eventually divorced him.
Old 01-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
I'm sure there are tons of Vets who think they are still every bit as bad ass as they were in Vietnam, Korea or Guadalcanal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NelBNtNm8l0

Last edited by Tom Joad; 01-15-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:

I think this is like the one thing everyone should know about his or her pistol.

that is a great signature line I am thinking of using it lol