Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-07-2010, 04:25 PM

I Always Knew Pence Was Stupid...

... but this really takes the cake!

Mike Pence is a Wing Nut Congressman from Indiana. He had this to say in an interview on the Christian Broadcasting Network:

"I have grown increasingly troubled at the mixed signals that this administration is sending to the various parties in the [Middle East] region. It feels for all the world that we are sliding back to the era of the Clinton administration where it was the ambition of the United States to be an honest broker in the region. I take issue with that.

"I think President George W. Bush got it right. The United States certainly wants to be honest, but we don’t want to be a broker. A broker doesn’t take sides. A broker negotiates between parties of equals… America’s on the side of Israel. And to send any other message than our unwavering support, that we will stand with what the sovereign government and the people of Israel decide is in their interest, I think represents a departure from where the heart of the American people are at."

So, we just sit back and cheer (and pay) from the sidelines while Israel does anything it bloody well wants?

There's an important subtext here. American Jews are overwhelmingly and staunchly Democrats. All this ass kissing of Israel by the Republicans isn't aimed at them. It's aimed at the fringe on the fringe of the Christian Right. These religious fanatics actually want to see Israel indulge it's taste for nihilism because they believe it'll bring on The End of Days (when, by the way, the Jews will be given the choice of conversion or death). Peace in the Middle East and a stable Palestinian state are abhorrent to them.

John
Old 02-07-2010, 05:28 PM

This whole mess is... just that. A mess. I don't understand why we need to be the strong arm for Israel. And at what cost in lives and dollars? The people who want to pay no taxes support this crap. I just don't understand.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Area Man

John is right.

Our homegrown fundamentalists have long wanted to provoke WW3 because they think it will induce armageddon and the second coming. There is a wealth of information on this topic, much of it written by the whack-jobs themselves. These people invariably support Israel and maintaining a powerful military. (Hence their link to the Republican Party, they despise Democrats and the UN.) But, make no mistake. This has nothing at all to do with any love they feel for the Jewish people or protecting our shores. The Jewish are merely players on a stage to these folks. Players that in the end, are to accept Christ, or be put to death. The military aspect is for an offensive attack on the Middle East and Russia. And they are very, very serious about this. Fortunately, one of the biggest players is dead---Jerry Falwell.

Step back, look at the big picture, listen to the rhetoric and the propaganda. It's all there. You just have to forget the details for a moment and watch the show. It should scare the piss out of you. And these people have intertwined themselves with our government.

Now, do I think we should just drop our arms and let our enemies run over us? Of course not. We have to defend ourselves. But, there is a difference between defending you people and your shores, and deliberately provoking a massive nuclear conflict in which hundreds of millions could perish---to advance your religious views. One is just common sense. The other is pure, undiluted insanity.

Here is an excellent article for your perusal. I believe it has links to more information.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m...9/ai_57800240/

Now, it's back to the game. "The Who" at half-time!!!!!!

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-07-2010 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:13 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
This whole mess is... just that. A mess. I don't understand why we need to be the strong arm for Israel. And at what cost in lives and dollars? The people who want to pay no taxes support this crap. I just don't understand.
How many lives would you sacrifice and how much would you pay if you were convinced it would usher in the "Rapture" and eternal salvation, Ed?

Regards,
Dave
Old 02-07-2010, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
How many lives would you sacrifice and how much would you pay if you were convinced it would usher in the "Rapture" and eternal salvation, Ed?

Regards,
Dave

The Bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill. So I ask, why would any group of people think they'd get any closer to God by Deliberately taking lives? Self defence I'd like to think God understands, but deliberately?
Old 02-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
The Bible says Thou Shalt Not Kill. So I ask, why would any group of people think they'd get any closer to God by Deliberately taking lives? Self defence I'd like to think God understands, but deliberately?
Excellent question, Hillbilly. The Bible tells us many great things. But IMO some of the most religious are the ones who pick and choose which parts they want to believe.

Maybe there are those who are so insecure in their faith that they feel if they don't see any "prophecy" being fullfilled of it's own accord, that they have to "nudge it along"? Or, perhaps they spend their whole lives believing, and telling their followers something is going to happen, and when it doesn't, they become determined to "make it happen"? Maybe it's all just to prove to themselves that they are not wrong?

I dunno, my friend. I wish I had an answer for you. But, how do we explain the minds of madmen?

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 02-07-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:49 AM
Resident octogenarian

The part that puzzles me is all the references to Palestine. That was a figment of Lord Balfour's imagination. When the League of Nations wanted a homeland for the Jews Britain was handed the mandate. So Balfour hands off what he called TransJordan to the Hashemite Kings (now Jordan). He gave the Golan Heights to Syria (then French) and what was left was supposed to be shared by the Jews and Arabs. The Arabs would have none of it, they desecrated Jewish cemetaries and were generally dogs in the manger. Frankly I have bloody little sympathy for the arabs.