Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-19-2013, 04:30 PM

The bombers came to this country as kids 9 and 16 years old. The were about as Americanized as an immigrant could be. They were not losers they attended some of the finest schools in the Boston area. The youngest was a student at Amhurst UMass.

There is a lot more to this terrorist crime than meets the eye. I hope they get the kid alive and learn why they did it. They had to know they would be caught or killed. I suspect we will learn many sordid details of this bombing before it is all over.

Why the marathon. it is an international event. They killed a Chinese woman who was from China for fu$cksake. I bet a lot of the injured aren't even Americans.
Old 04-19-2013, 04:47 PM

I agree that the bombers were Americanized having come here at young ages.

And, they had to know that there would be many cameras there, especially at the finish line.

Arrogant creeps.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:01 PM

For you legal folks, can a citizen refuse a search of their home or can law enforcement compel a search of a private residence without probable cause and without a search warrant?

They've lifted the transportation closure and now people may continue in their normal activities. Perhaps, going public yesterday was a mistake and reliance on traditional police work would have been the more prudent choice.

Last edited by bhunter; 04-19-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhunter View Post
For you legal folks, can a citizen refuse a search of their home or can law enforcement compel a search of a private residence without probable cause and without a search warrant?

They've lifted the transportation closure and now people may continue in their normal activities. Perhaps, going public yesterday was a mistake and reliance on traditional police work would have been the more prudent choice.
It's been awhile since I've done any real Fourth Amendment research, but I know that there a couple of exceptions called "exigent circumstances" and "hot pursuit" which dispense with the warrant requirement for entry into a building or residence on the basis of a need to act quickly to prevent imminent harm. The most common enforcement mechanism for Fourth Amendment violations is the exclusionary rule, which renders evidence obtained during an illegal search inadmissible. In this instance, the search isn't for evidence but for a fugitive, so the exclusionary rule is not much of deterrent. While there can be civil liability for a Fourth Amendment violation, in the absence of some extraordinary police misconduct in the context of the search for the bomber, I don't see that happening either.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 04-19-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
It's been awhile since I've done any real Fourth Amendment research, but I know that there a couple of exceptions called "exigent circumstances" and "hot pursuit" which dispense with the warrant requirement for entry into a building or residence on the basis of a need to act quickly to prevent imminent harm. The most common enforcement mechanism for Fourth Amendment violations is the exclusionary rule, which renders evidence obtained during an illegal search inadmissible. In this instance, the search isn't for evidence but for a fugitive, so the exclusionary rule is not much of deterrent. While there can be civil liability for a Fourth Amendment violation, in the absence of some extraordinary police misconduct in the context of the search for the bomber, I don't see that happening either.

Regards,

D-Ray
That was what I thought. It's been nearly thirty years since my last Constitutional Law class and I thought something may have changed after 911 regarding exigent circumstances. Obviously, incidental discoveries in such an exigent search would get tossed. Thanks for your help.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:03 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
What is the difference between Chechnya and Georgia? They border each other. I'm trying to wrap my head around this and remember hearing Bush give Russia a direct order to stop bombing Georgia.
Georgia is south of Chechnya and his an independent state whilst Chechnya is an autonomous region of the Russian Federation.

Chechnya is essentially muslim and Georgia is not.

After the break up of the Soviet Union Georgia declared itself independent but certain sections of Georgia wanted no part of this independence and sought the protection of Russia.

The then president of Georgia embolden by the support of USA attacked these break away regions and was soundly defeated by the Russians.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:09 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
The bombers came to this country as kids 9 and 16 years old. The were about as Americanized as an immigrant could be. They were not losers they attended some of the finest schools in the Boston area. The youngest was a student at Amhurst UMass.

There is a lot more to this terrorist crime than meets the eye. I hope they get the kid alive and learn why they did it. They had to know they would be caught or killed. I suspect we will learn many sordid details of this bombing before it is all over.

Why the marathon. it is an international event. They killed a Chinese woman who was from China for fu$cksake. I bet a lot of the injured aren't even Americans.
Radicalised moslems see everyone as the enemy.

We make the repeated mistake of hugging moslems who have a beef with Russia.

Last edited by Dondilion; 04-19-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Interesting statement.

And, I feel compelled to ask;

Who is George Bush to give "orders" to anyone outside the United States who is not a US citizen or in the employ of our government?

Would you take any "orders" from the President of another country, anywhere outside of that country?

Dave
And that kind of arrogance gets a country into lots of trouble.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Radicalised moslems see everyone as the enemy.

We make the repeated mistake of hugging moslems who have a beef with Russia.
Not hugging. Supporting them when they are useful and then just walking away when they are no longer wanted. And leaving a huge mess in their wake.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:32 PM

Sounds like they got the second bastard. Hopefully alive. Now we need Jack Bauer.