Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlV View Post
If you read what I c+p in bold, or better yet the website we can talk. I am not suggesting jack diddly shit and nowhere does it say Dems are solely responsible.

Carl

Exactly, you can tell neither one of them read the article as most if not all of their questions were addressed.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post
Exactly, you can tell neither one of them read the article as most if not all of their questions were addressed.

That assumes that either one can read and comprehend.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex E. View Post

Maybe you missed the fact that the chart was sourced from the Politbur...er...um...the White House web site. When was the last time you saw Obama NOT blame something on the right?
Old 04-27-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
That assumes that either one can read and comprehend.
Ooo! An attempt at an insult. Ooo.

That's the best you folks can come up with when your arguments run out of hot air.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mini me View Post

That's the best you folks can come up with when your arguments run out of hot air.
I was thinking the same about you, well that and thank you for not actually contributing anything of value.

Go back to your Blaze TV.

Carl
Old 04-27-2013, 01:57 PM
Admin

Quote:

"Oh, BS"... Sound familiar?
Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Oh shit, really? The sequester that no one wanted, the sequester that many in this forum fully and freely blamed republicans for - and still do - is reducing the deficit (not the debt, but the deficit) and now you want to position that as a success story? And then you want to suggest that a Senator from Texas is hypocritical?

Gimme a break, sir!
The sequester is beginning to have a negative affect on the economic growth this country has enjoyed despite no help from any Republican lawmaker, at all, anywhere.

The sequester in no way is reducing the deficit. It is denying much needed cancer treatment to patients, Head Start a very successful kindergarten program that actually allows both parents to work because it is a necessity today, for the poor and middle class, is cutting way back. It is projected that 750,000 jobs will be lost, Air shows, that bring millions into local economies are cancelling because the military "draw events" demonstration shows are grounded, Meals on Wheels that provide food to elderly folks is being slashed along with money for shelters and soup kitchens. Military flight training is suspended. Other military training is on hold. I heard an estimate that it could take 10 to 15 years to get back to normal military operations if the sequestration is not fixed.

The only thing Congress can do is insure they can get out of DC without delays in their flight plans. That bill sailed through Congress, and I am going to shock you, it was a 100% bi-partisan bill signed by our DINO President. The only bill to pass that fast in 4.5 years. Do you know parts of the bill restoring funding to the FAA controllers was hand written. Must have been in a hurry to get home. Problem is they shifted money from much needed airport infrastructure projects, that I am sure are now laying workers off who actually build something, to fund their no delay flight home. More unemployment. Not just furloughs.

As far as Sandy Hook goes it was a natural disaster. Folks deserved help. What was the pork in the bill and who cared. Just pass the damn bill. A lot of people were suffering and they still are.

The Texas fertilizer plant explosion was purely man made. It goes back to Bush who heavily deregulated industry in TX when he was governor. Why in the hell were people allowed to build so close to a bomb with enough explosive power to make a daisy cutter look tame. That is the fault of no zoning laws. We are in Texas, we don't need no stink'in zoning laws.

I hate to say it but, the folks in Texas deserve no Federal aid. The fertilizer plant that blew them up is responsible 100%. That is were the money should come from to rebuild. Do you think I should have to pay the bill for a company in Texas to clean up this mess caused by a millionaire/billionaire owner.

Oh, I almost forgot, Ted Cruz is a pompous assed dick that can strut sitting in a chair. He is so full of himself his own party will route his stupid ass out come re-election time. He will be a one hit wonder.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrr View Post
The sequester is beginning to have a negative affect on the economic growth this country has enjoyed despite no help from any Republican lawmaker, at all, anywhere....

...Oh, I almost forgot, Ted Cruz is a pompous assed dick that can strut sitting in a chair. He is so full of himself his own party will route his stupid ass out come re-election time. He will be a one hit wonder.
Well stated. Dickheads such as Cruz (and many others in the GOP and their sycophants on Faux or Talk Radio) may, in the long run, actually help the Democrats more than they do their own conservative causes though. The GOP will be labelled/recognized as a hotbed of reactionary kooks and lose independent voters in the process (they lost me). They'll whither into a bunch of irrelevant, back-bench bombthrowers, an aspirational position for Cruz, it seems.

Last edited by finnbow; 05-02-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:06 PM
Admin

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ed-cruz-video/

Did someone mention Ted Cruz?
Old 05-02-2013, 04:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Cruz give pompous blowhards a bad name.