Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-09-2018, 09:07 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Yes, you're right. I included the smiley as in my message as part of a carefully constructed and diabolical strategy to disguise a humorous post as spite.
What people find humorous is often very revealing.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
What people find humorous is often very revealing.
Its also revealing when folks like you can dish out snark and insults but can't seem to take then in return without getting all whiney about it.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Its also revealing when folks like you can dish out snark and insults but can't seem to take then in return without getting all whiney about it.
Always a hearty laugh in the morning, thanks, Whell!

So, genius, what’s your plan to prevent Iran from building nuclear weapons? Seeing as how your Dear Leader Who Can Do No Wrong has just shitcanned a pretty good deal, and appears to have nothing to replace it with... Or are you just here to gloat?
Old 05-09-2018, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
So, genius, what’s your plan to prevent Iran from building nuclear weapons?
Trump's plan is to let Israel missile the shit out of Iran in Syria.
Doubt they will have the balls to bomb Iran directly.
And like before, we will be reimbursing Israel for the missiles.

Iran is only a year or two away from being able to build a nuclear weapon. Perhaps they will call it the Dotard.
Old 05-09-2018, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Always a hearty laugh in the morning, thanks, Whell!

So, genius, what’s your plan to prevent Iran from building nuclear weapons? Seeing as how your Dear Leader Who Can Do No Wrong has just shitcanned a pretty good deal, and appears to have nothing to replace it with... Or are you just here to gloat?
No so sure what was so great about the deal, genius. We ended up giving the Iranians billions, so that they could use the relief funds to continue to support terrorism. Helping support terrorism is a "pretty good deal" to you? The Obama folks were so afraid of the threat of "war" - and by the way, Iran already thinks they are at war with us, which makes it a fallacy to consider the Iran deal and option to prevent war - that they were willing to make multiple concessions to Iran just to get a deal.

Does this sound like a "pretty good deal" to you?

In his Sunday morning address to the American people, Obama portrayed the seven men he freed as “civilians.” The senior official described them as businessmen convicted of or awaiting trial for mere “sanctions-related offenses, violations of the trade embargo.”

In reality, some of them were accused by Obama’s own Justice Department of posing threats to national security. Three allegedly were part of an illegal procurement network supplying Iran with U.S.-made microelectronics with applications in surface-to-air and cruise missiles like the kind Tehran test-fired recently, prompting a still-escalating exchange of threats with the Trump administration. Another was serving an eight-year sentence for conspiring to supply Iran with satellite technology and hardware. As part of the deal, U.S. officials even dropped their demand for $10 million that a jury said the aerospace engineer illegally received from Tehran.

And in a series of unpublicized court filings, the Justice Department dropped charges and international arrest warrants against 14 other men, all of them fugitives. The administration didn’t disclose their names or what they were accused of doing, noting only in an unattributed, 152-word statement about the swap that the U.S. “also removed any Interpol red notices and dismissed any charges against 14 Iranians for whom it was assessed that extradition requests were unlikely to be successful.”

Three of the fugitives allegedly sought to lease Boeing aircraft for an Iranian airline that authorities say had supported Hezbollah, the U.S.-designated terrorist organization. A fourth, Behrouz Dolatzadeh, was charged with conspiring to buy thousands of U.S.-made assault rifles and illegally import them into Iran.

A fifth, Amin Ravan, was charged with smuggling U.S. military antennas to Hong Kong and Singapore for use in Iran. U.S. authorities also believe he was part of a procurement network providing Iran with high-tech components for an especially deadly type of IED used by Shiite militias to kill hundreds of American troops in Iraq.

The biggest fish, though, was Seyed Abolfazl Shahab Jamili, who had been charged with being part of a conspiracy that from 2005 to 2012 procured thousands of parts with nuclear applications for Iran via China. That included hundreds of U.S.-made sensors for the uranium enrichment centrifuges in Iran whose progress had prompted the nuclear deal talks in the first place.

Not only did we pay Iran billions, we gave Iran these guys back. Hard to believe that they're not hard at work and free doing the wonderful things they were doing before.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:05 PM

So you have no plan. Figures.
Old 05-09-2018, 12:15 PM
Ready

Quote:
Wrong. How can I be 'getting all whiney' over supposedly being insulted when you didn't insult me?

Also wrong because I don't 'dish snark and insults' at you. I'm not playing a game of 'jolly whell bashing' here, some reciprocal of your way of acting. I describe--as well as I can, coldly, accurately, and sincerely. My goal is merely to enlighten. If you feel insulted, that's your problem.

You will note my message above did not take you to task for being insulting. It took you to task for your apparent attitude and mindset.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:24 PM

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling it “maybe the worst deal ever,” Donald J. Trump said on Wednesday that he is considering pulling the United States out of the United States Constitution.

“I’ve seen a lot of bad deals in my life, but this Constitution is a total mess,” he said. “We need to tear it up and start over.”

Trump was scathing in his remarks about the two-hundred-and-twenty-nine-year-old document, singling out for special scorn its insistence on three branches of government. “The branches thing is maybe the worst part of this deal,” he said. “The first thing we do when we pull out of the Constitution is get rid of two of those branches.”

He also called the First Amendment “something that really has to go.”

“No one in his right mind would put something like that in a Constitution,” he said. “Russia doesn’t have it. North Korea doesn’t have it. All the best countries don’t have it.”

He stopped short of accusing his predecessor, Barack Obama, of writing the United States Constitution, but said, “He’s working hard behind the scenes trying to save it, because he knows that the Constitution is very, very bad for me.”

Vowing to replace the Constitution with “a new, much, much better Constitution,” he acknowledged that there might be some elements of the original document worth salvaging. “We’re going to keep the Second Amendment,” he said, “and definitely the Fifth.”

Note to Trumpkins: This is what’s known as satire. Don’t worry, it’s like the funny pages, it’s not real. Go back to your safe place, now, at Fox “News”.

Last edited by Chicks; 05-09-2018 at 01:27 PM.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Wrong. How can I be 'getting all whiney' over supposedly being insulted when you didn't insult me?
Why did you do it? Who knows? But you did. I've given up trying to assess or care about your motives, but it is pretty funny.
Old 05-09-2018, 01:46 PM

Quote:
So you have no plan. Figures.
So you still think this was a "pretty good agreement". Figures.