Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-13-2011, 10:49 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossbacked View Post
It's never really mattered much about who has passed what bill.

Unemployment cycles up and down and most likely always will.

It's probably a safe bet that LESS legislation equals LESS unemployment, but we are unlikely to return to a point where we have less legislation, so we'll just have to get used to it.

Also, it's ridiculous that everybody always bitches about the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer. What in the world do thinks happens to the poor when the rich get poorer?
You need to pick up a copy of "Make it in America" the author, Leveris is CEO of Dow Chemical and he argues that the free market system is outdated and if we keep following it we will be penniless bystanders in the next decade.

China and India offer big subsidies and cheap wages to lure manufacturing away and where manufacturing goes so goes innovation. You innovate by building something, then make it better. Well if we are not making anything we will have trouble making it better. Kind of blows holes in the argument that government action is protectionism. He argues for more government action.

To say a roller coaster economy is inevitable goes hand in hand with the saying that doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome is the first sign of insanity.
Old 02-13-2011, 10:54 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Where do we find such men?

I know where we could put them, if only we had a decent bunco squad.

And unlike the town drunk, I would have no problem with charging them room and board for their stay at the hoosescow.

Besides, the town drunk bought his Sweet Lucy with his own money.

Chas
I think we have , the U.S. Attorney in New York is going after the inside traders with a vengance, he made the statement that it is not just one or two crooks but that the whole busines model there is corrupt. I suspect the few guys he has nailed so far are the tip of the iceberg. It will be delightful to see more of those bastards sent up river.

Last edited by merrylander; 02-14-2011 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Banned

Is this the new "Summer Of Recovery"? Watch this loser's poll numbers slide big time. Maybe he should do the "drill baby drill" thing...? That 9.1 number is going to ass fuck the Dem's as it should.
Old 06-04-2011, 07:46 AM
Resident octogenarian

Going back to earlier posts in this thread, I discovered an interesting fact about the mortgage industry. When we took the first mortgage on this home we paid $400 for title insurance. When we re-mortgaged to lower the interest we again paid $400 for title insurance, I guess the first policy was not good enough. Ah no, that was not the case. The simple fact is that the commission on title insurance is 80%. So the insurance really only cost $80 and the title company ran off with $320. As I have noted earlier our mortgage system here was designed by thieves for thieves. In fact I truly believe our whole financial system was designed by thieves.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Going back to earlier posts in this thread, I discovered an interesting fact about the mortgage industry. When we took the first mortgage on this home we paid $400 for title insurance. When we re-mortgaged to lower the interest we again paid $400 for title insurance, I guess the first policy was not good enough. Ah no, that was not the case. The simple fact is that the commission on title insurance is 80%. So the insurance really only cost $80 and the title company ran off with $320. As I have noted earlier our mortgage system here was designed by thieves for thieves. In fact I truly believe our whole financial system was designed by thieves.
Whenever you need a broker AND a lawyer to buy a house you're in trouble.

The whole system is rotten to the core.

I'm starting to grow weary. Might just invest in a couple more battle paks of .308's for my H&K.

Things do change, especially when you're not prepared for it.

Chas
Old 07-18-2011, 09:12 PM
Banned

Is insurance helpful or hurtful? The way things are now, I'm thinking the latter. .308 for the 91A1 makes a lot of sense.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:51 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by djv8ga View Post
Is insurance helpful or hurtful? The way things are now, I'm thinking the latter. .308 for the 91A1 makes a lot of sense.
Neither, it is just a scam to enrich title companies.
Old 10-31-2011, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Nothing substantial has changed there, really. The transition from arrogant know-nothings to knuckle-draggers may have little impact on the market.

http://www.entrepreneurdex.com/profi...-of-presidents