Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-10-2009, 05:30 PM

What the F? Now they want to ban smoking in the military.

What the f? It is bad enough that we can't smoke anywhere we want to, now they want to tell the men, who are risking their lives for us, that they cannot smoke. For those of us who do smoke, a stressful situation is when we smoke the most...What do you think?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:33 PM

Our government is an out of control monster, and this is just one more example.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:20 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBIC View Post
What the f? It is bad enough that we can't smoke anywhere we want to, now they want to tell the men, who are risking their lives for us, that they cannot smoke. For those of us who do smoke, a stressful situation is when we smoke the most...What do you think?
On the flip side, do you think it fair for a health young man who is serving his country and at risk of harm from the enemy to have to be exposed to second hand smoke from his fellow soldier?
Do you think it is fair for the military to turn a blind eye to the harm it does the smoker? The military is like a family they look out for each other.

Long over do.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:22 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

When they (the gummint) make it unlawful for everybody, then it would be OK to tell the military to quit. Otherwise, keep your damn nose out of it! There are already rules and regulations covering when and where people can and cannot smoke. These people are in very stressful situations and nicotine along with the ritual of smoking can serve as a relief. In a perfect world no one would smoke (or drink for that matter) but smoking is now deeply in-grained and the only way out is a long period of education. Outlawing it would be as successful as Prohibition or laws against pot are now.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
On the flip side, do you think it fair for a health young man who is serving his country and at risk of harm from the enemy to have to be exposed to second hand smoke from his fellow soldier?
Do you think it is fair for the military to turn a blind eye to the harm it does the smoker? The military is like a family they look out for each other.

Long over do.
Just when I think your ideas couldn't get any more ridiculous. Dude, seriously, take about 90 seconds and think about that.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Administrator

We need a new smileys so I can really say what I want in this thread.

Lots of machine guns, dogs pissing on, oblama wiping his ass with. How do those sound ?
Old 07-10-2009, 09:15 PM

Hell yeh!
Old 07-11-2009, 06:48 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
Just when I think your ideas couldn't get any more ridiculous. Dude, seriously, take about 90 seconds and think about that.
It's 2009, it may be time to realize that bitching and complaining about change has no positive effect on anything. Look around the globe, it is the progressive countries that have the highest standard of living and the "traditional" folk that blow up our buildings.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Resident octogenarian

As a long time smoker, from 19 to 69 I figure it is up to each person to decide if they want to smoke or not. As far as second hand smoke it can be dealt with using proper air cleaning systems. We both quit 10 years ago.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:33 AM

Smoking in the military.

If it were left to me, I'd go back to giving everyone a couple of packs of Luckys every day. Even if they don't smoke, they would make for good trading stock with the locals.

If our boys want to have a smoke, it's fine by me.

Now what's NOT fine by me is all of these goddamned uplifters running loose, expecting everyone else to live as they see fit, wanting to save the world and have everyone else pay for it, etc.

All I have to say to the uplifters is go lay down and lick your nuts. It ain't a perfect world, and your idea of a perfect world ain't a perfect world either.

And as long as there are hardheads like me, you may as well do as you please, and allow us the same respect. Whenever you decide to enforce your particular notions of morality on others at the point of the gun, or by economic genocide, don't be suprised if you see a few muzzles pointed in your direction. Two can play this game.

Chas