Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:41 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I have noticed that for quite some time. I have also noticed that frequently, when someone repeatedly expresses an opposing viewpoint, they are asked to leave, to go to another site that may fit their politics better.

Debate is not really welcome here now, by most.

The learning value has decreased dramatically, unless one wants to learn how to insult someone.

A shame, really.
JJ, you're basically a swell fellow, but, please, spare us. You're spinning a fairy tale. This very thread you are posting in draws on bullshit, lies, and innuendo, the very worst of internet attack propaganda. It was not placed here from any sincere desire to foster dialog; it's a perfect example of conservative alt reality with which dialog is impossible. See Leonard Pitt's excellent article about how this sort of thing destroys the very idea of 'common reality.' How conservative pundits helped break reality: Leonard Pitts Jr.

Mr. Joad has been told to get lost, I figure, not for merely 'repeatedly expressing an opposing viewpoint.' Asserting that is the reason, in fact, requires stupendous willful blindness. Indeed, the idea verges on a 'big lie.'

It basically takes two to debate. I know of no one on the right here willing and able to do it at this time.

Last edited by donquixote99; 08-28-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I'd forgotten about this "convenient" plane crash.

How many body bags is it going to take before people start taking the Clinton Crime Syndicate seriously? i

Actually he was not instrument rated, ran into a storm while crossing the ocean, and may have mistakenly believed he was climbing in altitude while he was actually heading down into the sea. He was not that experienced. Sometimes in bad visibility a pilot will mistakenly think that up is down or down is up or may even believe they are upside down. That is why they have to trust what the instrument panel in front of them is telling them and not what the body may be mistakenly telling their mind as to what their orientation is. In other words you may have to climb in altitude even though you feel like you are going down. Or you may have to keep your bearing even though you feel like you are upside down.

Imagine flying and not be able to see anything. If you could not see the ground below you or anything above you one could easily get disorientated.

Last edited by icenine; 08-28-2016 at 09:01 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:14 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
JJ, you're basically a swell fellow, but, please, spare us. You're spinning a fairy tale. This very thread you are posting in draws on bullshit, lies, and innuendo, the very worst of internet attack propaganda. It was not placed here from any sincere desire to foster dialog; it's a perfect example of conservative alt reality with which dialog is impossible. See Leonard Pitt's excellent article about how this sort of thing destroys the very idea of 'common reality.' How conservative pundits helped break reality: Leonard Pitts Jr.

Mr. Joad has been told to get lost, I figure, not for merely 'repeatedly expressing an opposing viewpoint.' Asserting that is the reason, in fact, requires stupendous willful blindness. Indeed, the idea verges on a 'big lie.'

TJ is not the only one that has been asked to leave.

It basically takes two to debate. I know of no one on the right here willing and able to do it at this time.
Many others have left on their own accord. I maintain that a lot of them left because they tired of the sophomoric behavior some indulge in here.

As far as the ability to debate, it takes a willingness on both sides to honestly listen and consider the other viewpoint to have a debate. Sometimes that is sadly lacking here.

My comment was offered in agreement with Don's post. It matters not what thread it is in.

Last edited by JJIII; 08-28-2016 at 09:18 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:21 AM

I've said elsewhere here that the thread is promulgation of conspiracy theory nonsense not worthy of debate. Not worthy of discussion or endless gainsaying or namecalling as well.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
I've said elsewhere here that the thread is promulgation of conspiracy theory nonsense not worthy of debate. Not worthy of discussion or endless gainsaying or namecalling as well.

Well I was just pointing out what may have caused JFK Jr to crash.
Perhaps TJ thinks all-powerful Hillary called up the storm on purpose as JFK Jr was on his way back to Martha's Vineyard.
Old 08-28-2016, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
Well I was just pointing out what may have caused JFK Jr to crash.
Perhaps TJ thinks all-powerful Hillary called up the storm on purpose as JFK Jr was on his way back to Martha's Vineyard.
Oh, I agree with this assessment.
What I was referring was the implication that some made that the Clintons did him in as part of a pattern of assassinations.

Old 08-28-2016, 10:02 AM
Ready

Quote:
Many others have left on their own accord. I maintain that a lot of them left because they tired of the sophomoric behavior some indulge in here.

As far as the ability to debate, it takes a willingness on both sides to honestly listen and consider the other viewpoint to have a debate. Sometimes that is sadly lacking here.

My comment was offered in agreement with Don's post. It matters not what thread it is in.
There you go again with alt reality. Saying your post was 'in agreement' with Don's post draws him as a cloak around a post that is yours, not his. He said none of that stuff.

And it matters what thread you post in because you are asserting that the disdain thrown at Joad is undeserved. This very thread contradicts you.
Old 08-28-2016, 10:29 AM

Quote:
I have noticed that for quite some time. I have also noticed that frequently, when someone repeatedly expresses an opposing viewpoint, they are asked to leave, to go to another site that may fit their politics better.

Debate is not really welcome here now, by most.

The learning value has decreased dramatically, unless one wants to learn how to insult someone.

A shame, really.
I disagree that people are asked to leave, certainly not for expressing a sincerely held opinion. I will agree that the suggestion that someone leave, to go to another site, is offered, it's intended as a tactic to point out that the person is posting garbage that would be better suited to another site.

For instance, if (as has happened periodically) a poster begins posting white supremacist opinion, someone might suggest to the poster that their opinions might be better received over at Storm Front. It's a way of saying that the poster's opinions are offensive and unwelcome (whether the are or not) without requiring a considered response.

As for TJ, it's pointless to suggest he go to another forum. He's been banned everywhere else.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:39 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
There you go again with alt reality. Saying your post was 'in agreement' with Don's post draws him as a cloak around a post that is yours, not his. He said none of that stuff.

Talk about "alt reality". Yours is yours and is "alt" to mine as it gets.

I never said that Don said that. I was agreeing with him that very few members post here anymore and offering my own opinion as to why they don't. If you will recall, I've mentioned this more than once.

And it matters what thread you post in because you are asserting that the disdain thrown at Joad is undeserved. This very thread contradicts you.
My comment was posted in this thread simply because this thread is where Don posted his comment.
Old 08-28-2016, 05:35 PM

This thread is an alt dumpster fire.