Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-10-2022, 06:28 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Happy that your marriage is a success despite enduring a freak show on your first date.
34 years, 3 kids and 3 grandkids (and counting) later all is good.

Last edited by finnbow; 09-10-2022 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
Typical MAGAMoron hypocrisy.

Thomas' wife was DEEPLY involved in the fascist insurrection, clearly belongs behind bars.

Pelosi's hubby sells a stock, and Reich-wing media has a fit.
Define "DEEPLY" as used above. Sending texts and emails?
Old 09-10-2022, 08:46 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

It's Official, Russians Corrupted The Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post

Any involvement, even encouragement, of an insurrection by a SCOTUS spouse is too much. She live-tweeted support for the rioters after having attended the Stop the Steal Rally. She also actively encouraged the illegal fake electors scheme in two states (AZ, WI) which was a critical component of the coup plan.
There is simply no defense for what she did, particularly as a SCOTUS spouse. If there were, she would not have refused to testify to the J6 Committee. She is wingnut scum, plain and simple.

Last edited by finnbow; 09-10-2022 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Ginni, a prominent conservative activist whose activities have attracted renewed attention of late in light of the cases her husband is presiding over, had previously shown public support for the rally. She wrote “LOVE MAGA people!!!!” in a January 6 Facebook post—one she later edited to note it was “written before violence” broke out, according to Slate. But her actual attendance was not publicly known until she acknowledged it in a new interview with the Washington Free Beacon. “I was disappointed and frustrated that there was violence that happened following a peaceful gathering of Trump supporters on the Ellipse on Jan. 6,” she told the conservative outlet. Thomas then described “electoral integrity” as one of the “important” issues that must be debated “rationally in the political square. I fear we are losing that ability.”
Do I get a Monty Python "say no more" Whell?

Here is the wife of a Supreme Court justice, herself a lawyer, Trump's campaign lost every lawsuit they brought up regarding election fraud, the JD headed by Trump's own Consigliere Barr asure the nation that there was no fraud, yet there is Ginny doing more than petitioning the government. Heck, she could have picked up the phone and called just about anyone to petition in the government since she was a prominent MAGA groupie like Sidney Powell, Jenna Ellis, Christina Bobb, Alina Hubba...............

Ginni Thomas Didn’t Just Praise MAGA Supporters on January 6. She Actually Attended the “Stop the Steal” Rally

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...he-steal-rally

Last edited by Rajoo; 09-10-2022 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Yeh, that Bork who had no business with 100 miles of the SCOTUS. He supported the rights of Southern states to impose a poll tax and he had a stated goal of rolling back the civil rights decisions of the Warren and Burger courts. He was also criticized for being an "advocate of disproportionate powers for the executive branch of Government, almost executive supremacy," most notably, his role in the Saturday Night Massacre.

He lost 58-42 with 6 Republicans voting against him (6 Republican voting against him after knowing that the Dems already had the votes is a testimony to how out-of-the-mainstream this freak was). He is just the type of reactionary weirdo that today's GOP still favors.
What about the Dems who voted for him? And a moderate Repub - Gerald Ford - was asked to introduce him at the confirmation hearing, and called him "uniquely qualified".

I see that you're quite happy that the Dems started, and continue, to turn the SCOTUS nomination process into a circus, and an ideological inquisition.

Sorry, but its your friends the Dems who give us a nomination process where nominees are demonized just because they have a point of view differs from the hard left. And as the Dems have drifted further left, the process just gets worse.
Old 09-10-2022, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajoo View Post
Do I get a Monty Python "say no more" Whell?

Here is the wife of a Supreme Court justice, herself a lawyer, Trump's campaign lost every lawsuit they brought up regarding election fraud, the JD headed by Trump's own Consigliere Barr asure the nation that there was no fraud, yet there is Ginny doing more than petitioning the government. Heck, she could have picked up the phone and called just about anyone to petition in the government since she was a prominent MAGA groupie like Sidney Powell, Jenna Ellis, Christina Bobb, Alina Hubba...............

Ginni Thomas Didn’t Just Praise MAGA Supporters on January 6. She Actually Attended the “Stop the Steal” Rally

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2022...he-steal-rally
So she attended a rally, and sent some texts and emails that you disagree with maybe made some phone calls, and she needs to be thrown in jail?
Old 09-10-2022, 09:06 PM
Admin

Quote:
Yeh, that Bork who had no business with 100 miles of the SCOTUS. He supported the rights of Southern states to impose a poll tax and he had a stated goal of rolling back the civil rights decisions of the Warren and Burger courts. He was also criticized for being an "advocate of disproportionate powers for the executive branch of Government, almost executive supremacy," most notably, his role in the Saturday Night Massacre.

He lost 58-42 with 6 Republicans voting against him (6 Republican voting against him after knowing that the Dems already had the votes is a testimony to how out-of-the-mainstream this freak was). He is just the type of reactionary weirdo that today's GOP still favors.

An aside - My first date with my future wife happened to be during the Bork hearings at a French bistro on Capitol Hill, La Colline, for lunch. Bork sat in the table right next to us. He was one freaky looking dude.
A French bistro? All I could afford was an afternoon at the Arboretum for any dates I had downtown.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Any involvement, even encouragement, of an insurrection by a SCOTUS spouse is too much. She live-tweeted support for the rioters after having attended the Stop the Steal Rally. She also actively encouraged the illegal fake electors scheme in two states (AZ, WI) which was a critical component of the coup plan.
There is simply no defense for what she did, particularly as a SCOTUS spouse. If there were, she would not have refused to testify to the J6 Committee. She is wingnut scum, plain and simple.
She emailed, attended a rally, and tweeted. My God, lets slap her in irons!!

I'm not surprised she declined to testify before the Star Chamber. I also noticed that they decided not to subpoena her. Probably because the only folks who wouldn't have been disgusted by it are "wingnut scum" on the left.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:10 PM
Admin

Quote:
What about the Dems who voted for him? And a moderate Repub - Gerald Ford - was asked to introduce him at the confirmation hearing, and called him "uniquely qualified".

I see that you're quite happy that the Dems started, and continue, to turn the SCOTUS nomination process into a circus, and an ideological inquisition.

Sorry, but its your friends the Dems who give us a nomination process where nominees are demonized just because they have a point of view differs from the hard left. And as the Dems have drifted further left, the process just gets worse.
Sorry Mike, it's been the GOP that's swerved violently hard right. If anything the Democrats have moved toward a centrist view.
Old 09-10-2022, 09:30 PM

Quote:
So she attended a rally, and sent some texts and emails that you disagree with maybe made some phone calls, and she needs to be thrown in jail?
Sorry no, she is not a passive activist that you are trying to make her to be.

She was actively working to overthrow a legally elected government in waiting. Being the spouse of a Scotus justice and since Team Trump lost every lawsuit in our justice system, wouldn't she know better or shouldn't we expect better from her?

Where did I say that she be put in jail, that's a stupid MAGA trait.

I would like her to be thoroughly investigated by the J6 committee and charges brought against her if warranted. She seems to be wanting to get a pass due to her marital position and with all of the backtracking going on.