Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-03-2022, 01:19 PM

Whell, in response to your point #3 in the post above....

If those "scores of charitable organizations" were meeting the needs of people, there would be no need for government social service programs.

And, the majority of those charitable organizations rely on federal, state, and local government dollars to provide those services.

In a perfect world, maybe charitable organizations would be a solution, but, in our less than perfect world, they are just another cog in the wheel helping those in need.
Old 05-03-2022, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbara View Post
Whell, in response to your point #3 in the post above....

If those "scores of charitable organizations" were meeting the needs of people, there would be no need for government social service programs.

And, the majority of those charitable organizations rely on federal, state, and local government dollars to provide those services.

In a perfect world, maybe charitable organizations would be a solution, but, in our less than perfect world, they are just another cog in the wheel helping those in need.
However they're funded (and I suspect it's not the "majority" that receive the lion's share of their budget via government funding), my comment was directed at the narrative that "they only care about a fetus until its born". For many, they're servicing a critical need and I'm glad they're available.
Old 05-03-2022, 02:19 PM

Face it abortions will continue to occur.
They are always and should be a decision of last resort and undertaken with much consideration. Yet will continue on.

In these days of overpopulation and dwindling resources. Climate change ever increasing the stresses on the fewer and fewer remaining habitable zones. Better fear much greater and drastic forms of population controls will be used.

Religion and the fanaticism, zeal associated was a constant fear when the founding fathers were formulating and coalescing our country. This was why the need to separate, remove religion from the state.

Much like slavery was never mentioned when human rights and liberties were. This will be one that carries a narrative yet unwritten fully.

If this is allow to go unchecked. All should fear what will be the next and following religious beliefs will be forced upon everyone.

The damage has been done yesterday, forever the court will be seen as a tool for the GOP!

Last edited by Oerets; 05-03-2022 at 02:22 PM.
Old 05-03-2022, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
However they're funded (and I suspect it's not the "majority" that receive the lion's share of their budget via government funding), my comment was directed at the narrative that "they only care about a fetus until its born". For many, they're servicing a critical need and I'm glad they're available.
Just wait until the GOP starts trying to eliminate social net programs that are intended to aid women and children. Sooner or later one of these Repubs trying to lean further right than the next will start promising the GOP faithful they'll cut their taxes "if we just eliminate the needless programs".
Old 05-03-2022, 03:17 PM

They cry "We're against abortion because we're Pro-Life. I disagree...

Old 05-03-2022, 04:44 PM

Since the GOP has succeeded in packing the court with partisan judges maybe it is time to expand the bench.
Susan Collins says Gorsuch, Kavanaugh lied to her to get her vote. Imagine that, two hugely unqualified SC nominees lied to get on the bench because Republicans wanted them on the bench. Who'd-a-thunk it?
Old 05-03-2022, 05:16 PM

Alito’s Case for Overturning Roe is Weak for a Reason
The conservative Supreme Court majority is more focused on politics than law.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...court-00029653

Today's conservatives are repugnant.
Old 05-03-2022, 05:27 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Insane View Post
For me, the story is not what decision they have or have not made. The ONLY issue for me is the leak. This is unprecedented.
In that you would be mistaken. The Roe v. Wade decision was leaked back in '73. I get why conservos are losing their shyte over this. It means they will be finding their access to wimminfolk to be severely curtailed for the foreseeable future.

In addition, this decision by the Robert's court proves what liberals have been saying all along, conservatives can't keep their dirty minds out of other Americans bedrooms.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...zine-roe-wade/
Old 05-03-2022, 06:18 PM

^^^^The Insane Clown has never been right about anything, obviously.

Alito’s Plan to Repeal the 20th Century
If the conservative justice’s draft opinion is adopted by the Court, key advances of the past hundred years could be rolled back.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...rights/629748/

Quote:
Alito’s writing reflects the current tone of right-wing discourse: grandiose and contemptuous, disingenuous and self-contradictory, with the necessary undertone of self-pity as justification. Alito, like the five other conservative justices, was placed on the Court by the conservative legal movement for the purpose of someday handing down this decision. These justices are doing what they were put there to do.
Old 05-03-2022, 08:17 PM

Exclamation

The only thing that's unprecedented is the SC executing the wishes of Reich-Wing conservatives. The Conservatives are throwing a fit over "the leak" because it's drawing attention to the political dealings of the SC at the behest of the GOP. Focusing on the leak so they won't have to defend and justify the decision. They didn't want that little nugget to get out before the mid-term elections. Any other time and place the leaker would be called a whistle blower. There are some who are saying the leak was timed to influence the mid-term elections. If so, GOOD!! I hope it drives every Democrat, Independent and un-brainwashed Republican to the polls to vote Blue across the board.