Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-20-2012, 08:24 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
At his bail hearing he offered up a qualified apology telling the young man's parents that he didn't know that their son was not armed when he killed him. Salt in the wound is how I see this.
Makes you wonder why he just won't shut his trap, I'm positive that his attorney wishes he would.
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
... which also translates to he didn't know whether he was indeed armed. The obvious solution? Kill the kid.
Yep, he just keeps on digging, making himself and the SYG law look more and more ridiculous as he goes along. Yeah, I want this clown and others like him to have the ability to make snap life or death decisions on the fly. The prosecuter earlier today said he was stunned by the apology, because that's pretty much the case right there. A full confession wouldn't have been much more damaging to Zimmermanns case.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 04-20-2012 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:28 AM
Resident octogenarian

Well this fiasco has certainly cost ALEC much of its support. That ought to jerk a knot in its tail.
Old 04-21-2012, 08:36 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Well this fiasco has certainly cost ALEC much of its support. That ought to jerk a knot in its tail.
They should've sent Zim a better handler and a roll of duct tape.

I must say that I'm impressed with these groups that are using the power of the market against these darlings of the right. I wonder how many sponsers do these idjits have to lose before they wise up? Limbaugh's only audience should be the preppers hiding in their bombshelters tuning him in on shortwave.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:10 AM
Abby Normal

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/2...l-be-hard.html

Hard for anyone to dispute this take on this sad story.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Area Man

"Predictably, some gun nuts and racist droolers are trying to make a hero of Zimmerman and a street thug of Martin (who had no criminal record)."

Nugent?

"Zimmerman’s attorney will try to bypass a jury by asking the judge for a dismissal, based on Florida’s brilliant “Stand Your Ground” law — now a favored legal defense for gang members and dope dealers who plug each other on the streets."

Stupid laws and their unintended consequences, anyone? Hooray for the NRA. Maybe soon we'll have a worse gun death rate than Zimbabwe?

Dave
Old 04-22-2012, 06:35 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/04/2...l-be-hard.html

Hard for anyone to dispute this take on this sad story.
I too wondered why they filed 2nd degree murder charges when it seemed to warrant manslaughter charges. Florida's depravity litmus test seems like a hurdle that will be hard to clear. It almost guarantees acquital. Who knows? I'm no scholar and in the nobody club around here but as bad as this turned out for young Mr. Martin, I don't see this reprehensible act by an (obvious to me)POS idiot as anything other than aggravated assault and battery with manslaughter as the end result. If there is proof of race playing a factor it should be life w/o parole.

There isn't any evidence of race, so far, being involved. I sure would like to see less of the race card being bandied about by the pundits, especially those of the right. It smacks of "thee doeth protest too much."

History certainly shows there is a big racial bias and outright bigotry in this country. Sure, it's gone underground to a certain extent but it is still there. Calls of reverse discrimination is one that really bugs the hell out of me. It IS NOT the same thing.

For somebody (Anglo) to piss and moan about not being accepted in the Black,
Latino, Asian or Native American community is simply pathetic and/or just plain disengenuous. I really do wish we honkies (if you will) could walk a mile in their shoes, but it's simply not possible. To claim otherwise is demeaning to all of us.
Rant over- till the next time somebody posts up some BS like the one a few posts ago.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:03 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

The right? You should try listening to black radio. This has turned into an all out voter registration drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasillaguy View Post
Yes, I think the libs have gotten all the racial division mileage they can milk out of this one
Till the trial, my take. This whole thing is so ugly.

Pete
Old 04-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
The right? You should try listening to black radio. This has turned into an all out voter registration drive.
Pete
No surprise there, it's as it should be. Most of America likes to think that the civil rights movement has done it's job and just wishes that those melatonin enhanced individuals would stop making everybody so uncomfortable. Doncha think?
Old 04-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
No surprise there, it's as it should be. Most of America likes to think that the civil rights movement has done it's job and just wishes that those melatonin enhanced individuals would stop making everybody so uncomfortable. Doncha think?
Methinks you're a genius, Bob. Well, maybe not a genius, but magnificently observant at the very least.

Dave
Old 04-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
black radio. This has turned into an all out voter registration drive.

Pete
A black all out voter registration drive?

That is terrible.