Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Well you can believe what your want. Facts are thread behavior and mix of topic carries thought out the board.

Post 29 must not count?

This was a regenerated thread post 35-36 are all most a month apart.

After making some comment to a new member who kind of was expressing the same opinion as I was making. I responded back to them since they are experiencing the same site negativity the moment they walked in the door a week ago. That this goes over some heads around here and or doesn't fit their agenda.Then insults and antagonistic comments came in 41-44 as normal though out this board. So don't kid yourself it's clear in all most any thread what goes on here.

I do appreciate that you at least debate a bit and have constructive dialog. Some here just do drive by insults to antagonize and derail threads.
I rest my case.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you have almost 900 posts in less than two months and haven't started one thread in "Conspiracy Theory Corner" yet.
Im not into most conspiracy theories.

Really does anybody care about post count?
I know it is high for the time frame but thats because of fending of negative comments. I doubt I would have a quarter of those post under normal circumstances.

It takes me a long time to respond to comments thoughtfully. Maybe if I did the drive by comments some of these 15,000 comment posters do, I would be 2500 now. Starting threads with a title and link without personal comments and observations of what they are posting.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Im not into most conspiracy theories.

Really does anybody care about post count?
I know it is high for the time frame but thats because of fending of negative comments. I doubt I would have a quarter of those post under normal circumstances.

It takes me a long time to respond to comments thoughtfully. Maybe if I did the drive by comments some of these 15,000 comment posters do, I would be 2500 now. Starting threads with a title and link without personal comments and observations of what they are posting.
And much of the criticism, some of which is taken personally, is of the source that is linked. After the criticism of the source is taken personally, and responded to as a personal insult, the situation degrades. Moreover, many of the links are offered as if they are the truth incarnate, when an objective review of the sources demonstrates an obvious agenda. What is offered as fact is actually opinion. And then, the intelligence of those rejecting the opinions from the linked sites is questioned. That is a pattern that I have observed.

I believe that moholland's comment about posting in the conspiracy theory theory forum is that many of the links are to sources who are espousing conspiracy theories.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 03-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I rest my case.
Sorry thats not an insult nor a case. It's an observation not directed to any one individual. Just because something might go over ones head, or they refuses to look at the validity is not insulting.

1) It doesn't fit there beliefs.
2) They don't know how to equate it to the topic.

In my mind all pick number one in most cases as to my observation here.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:23 AM
Ready

Quote:
I don't believe in blocking comments. Just because some are negative doesn't mean I close my eyes to it.

Driving away donors? This site doesn't need donors it's a sibling of a successful site. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php

This site has a bad rap at the parent site for the exact reason we are expressing. I would say 90% of this sites members list came from AK when they started. Some posted low number comments and left because of the BS. Others made no comments seeing what was going on here after signing up.

So what does that make of this site?
A hangout for a very small numbers of likeminded posters. A privet club if you will but thats boring. So the truth is they enjoy when someone like you or me come around. This way they can act out deep seated anger issues and play with you like a cat with a mouse. You see they have no control of the actual politics. However here they validate there control issues unachievable in the real world.
As if the 'uneducated guy who misspells stuff' isn't a totally put-on persona (like, the misspellings come and go). Don't presume to psychoanalyze people (insultingly, quelle surprise) about what they're doing online.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:57 AM

427, you are still blocked, but cannot help but see some of your posts when they are quoted. So here it goes.

You have no credibility with me, none. Not only who you might be, what you are from a slew of conflicting posts. And now it does not even matter. So then what gives?

You have become a verbal pinball for me. I used to be quite proficient in pinball and the game does not involve a lot of strategy nor analytical thinking. It's mostly swatting at the ball and timing.

So be flattered that you are my verbal pinball, instant entertainment and prepare to get swatted verbally at will. And do you know what happens to pinball machines when you shake it too much? They are easily rattled.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
And much of the criticism, some of which is taken personally, is of the source that is linked. After the criticism of the source is taken personally, and responded to as a personal insult, the situation degrades. Moreover, many of the links are offered as if they are the truth incarnate, when an objective review of the sources demonstrates an obvious agenda. What is offered as fact is actually opinion. And then, the intelligence of those rejecting the opinions from the linked sites is questioned. That is a pattern that I have observed.

I believe that moholland's comment about posting in the conspiracy theory theory forum is that many of the links are to sources who are espousing conspiracy theories.

Regards,

D-Ray
I really don't post sites like that if I have other options. Truth be told some of those site might be all thats investigating the situation and reporting it.

Just like any media source they all have agendas so I like to dig deeper if posable. Either by links provided or googling names, numbers, titles or what ever is searchable. I want to see the initiation to the story at hand. If it leads to a bill, survey, banking or government documentation all the better.

We have to face the fact that with so much deception in all media everything and all opinions are a "Conspiracy Theory"

If you can believe and say Fox News Lies then a case can be made all media Lies from major networks to a website.

Conspiracy theory
A conspiracy theory is an explanatory proposition that accuses three or more persons, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an illegal or harmful event or situation. In recent decades the term has acquired a derogatory meaning to some, and distinction should be made between the derisive use of the term and reference to actual, proven conspiracies. Different types of conspiracy theories have been distinguished, ranging from those merely based on a hunch to ones backed by evidence, and from localized, single-event conspiracies to pervading universal phenomena.

Acquired derogatory meaning

Originally a neutral term, since the mid-1960s it has acquired a somewhat derogatory meaning, implying a paranoid tendency to see the influence of some malign covert agency in events.[14] The term is often used to automatically dismiss claims that the critic deems ridiculous, misconceived, paranoid, unfounded, outlandish, or irrational.[15] The term often implies that the proposed explanation of events is perceived as violating Occam's razor or the principle of Falsifiability.[citation needed] A conspiracy theory that is proven to be correct, such as the notion that United States President Richard Nixon and his aides conspired to cover up Watergate, is usually referred to as something else, such as investigative journalism or historical analysis.

Term of ridicule
Assessing the prevalent use of the term to ridicule or dismiss, Professor Rebecca Moore observes, "The word 'conspiracy' works much the same way the word 'cult' does to discredit advocates of a certain view or persuasion. Historians do not use the word 'conspiracy' to describe accurate historical reports. On the contrary, they use it to indicate a lack of veracity and objectivity.

Controversy
The general discussion of conspiracy theory is itself a matter of some public contention. "Conspiracy theorists on the internet are often dismissed as a "fringe" group, but evidence suggests that a broad cross section of Americans today—traversing ethnic, gender, education, occupation, and other divides—gives credence to certain conspiracy theories."[20]

The term can also be used to dismiss what are in fact substantial and well-evidenced accusations. The legitimacy of each such usage will therefore be a matter of some controversy.

Sorry I forgot
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conspiracy_theory

Last edited by 4-2-7; 03-02-2014 at 01:09 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:14 PM
Sir Lord Vader of Cheam

Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
If we're using a pinball metaphor, -5 deserves to just be "tilt"ed then walked away from.

He's a waste of $0.25 to play.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
If we're using a pinball metaphor, -5 deserves to just be "tilt"ed then walked away from.

He's a waste of $0.25 to play.
But those lights keep flashing and the machines keep talking. I know, it's a disease.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
I really don't post sites like that if I have other options. Truth be told some of those site might be all thats investigating the situation and reporting it.

Just like any media source they all have agendas so I like to dig deeper if posable. Either by links provided or googling names, numbers, titles or what ever is searchable. I want to see the initiation to the story at hand. If it leads to a bill, survey, banking or government documentation all the better.

We have to face the fact that with so much deception in all media everything and all opinions are a "Conspiracy Theory"

If you can believe and say Fox News Lies then a case can be made all media Lies from major networks to a website.

Conspiracy theory
A conspiracy theory is an explanatory proposition that accuses three or more persons, a group, or an organization of having caused or covered up, through secret planning and deliberate action, an illegal or harmful event or situation. In recent decades the term has acquired a derogatory meaning to some, and distinction should be made between the derisive use of the term and reference to actual, proven conspiracies. Different types of conspiracy theories have been distinguished, ranging from those merely based on a hunch to ones backed by evidence, and from localized, single-event conspiracies to pervading universal phenomena.

Acquired derogatory meaning

Originally a neutral term, since the mid-1960s it has acquired a somewhat derogatory meaning, implying a paranoid tendency to see the influence of some malign covert agency in events.[14] The term is often used to automatically dismiss claims that the critic deems ridiculous, misconceived, paranoid, unfounded, outlandish, or irrational.[15] The term often implies that the proposed explanation of events is perceived as violating Occam's razor or the principle of Falsifiability.[citation needed] A conspiracy theory that is proven to be correct, such as the notion that United States President Richard Nixon and his aides conspired to cover up Watergate, is usually referred to as something else, such as investigative journalism or historical analysis.

Term of ridicule
Assessing the prevalent use of the term to ridicule or dismiss, Professor Rebecca Moore observes, "The word 'conspiracy' works much the same way the word 'cult' does to discredit advocates of a certain view or persuasion. Historians do not use the word 'conspiracy' to describe accurate historical reports. On the contrary, they use it to indicate a lack of veracity and objectivity.

Controversy
The general discussion of conspiracy theory is itself a matter of some public contention. "Conspiracy theorists on the internet are often dismissed as a "fringe" group, but evidence suggests that a broad cross section of Americans today—traversing ethnic, gender, education, occupation, and other divides—gives credence to certain conspiracy theories."[20]

The term can also be used to dismiss what are in fact substantial and well-evidenced accusations. The legitimacy of each such usage will therefore be a matter of some controversy.
Forum Rules:

Quote:
Copyright:
Copyright infringement is illegal. Politicalchat.org will enforce the law. Please do not post an article in its entirety. When posting copyrighted material, please use small sections or link to the article. When posting copyrighted material you must give credit to the author in your post. You are responsible for including links/credit, regardless of how you originally came across the material.
Regards,

D-Ray