Go Back   Political Forums > The Unemployment Line
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
The board is turning into insult ping-pong. The newcomers are the instigators. We are all mostly guilty of playing--even myself.

But it's a dumb game. I never meant to start, and I shall stop.
By the way I think you general have great thoughtful information to add to threads.

But your observation and judgment as to the clam of starting anything is incorrect. All you have to do is look at my first post on page one and continue forward.

Please let me know if your observation as to who starts thread craping and ridiculing others is the same as mine. If me speaking out against it is wrong in your eyes Im sorry thats me.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Talking about your friend the gold bug?
I usually just jingle my keys and that gets a giggle out of them. Most of my shiny stuff is in http://www.sgpmx.com/home/
Old 03-02-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
By the way I think you general have great thoughtful information to add to threads.

But your observation and judgment as to the clam of starting anything is incorrect. All you have to do is look at my first post on page one and continue forward.

Please let me know if your observation as to who starts thread craping and ridiculing others is the same as mine. If me speaking out against it is wrong in your eyes Im sorry thats me.
You are absolutely right. It didn't take a day for the insults and name calling to start when I got here and I certainly didn't start it. They even continue it when they know they are on my ignore list.
Why would anyone put up with such childishness when you can block it?
I have to imagine that the owner of the site isn't happy that they drive away donors to their site either. If you don't agree with a post either post an intelligent rebuttal or feel free to pass that person over. There is no benefit in making yourself look fool unless someone just has a need to hate. Then they have actually handed power over to the person they are completely ineffectively trying to hurt. Silliness.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:24 AM
Ready

I hate passive aggression. Really.

I know I do it, but I still hate it.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:

I went back and agree that in the beginning you were quite mild. But beginning with post 38 the replies were getting you hot under the collar and you went from condescending to downright insulting.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:53 AM
reflexionar

I find it works best for me to just interject a quote every now and then when I see something worth commenting on. I may throw a jab on occasion, but try not to get fully caught up in the petty stuff. My opinions are mine, and although I may be curious as to your response to my opinions, I am not going to expend a whole lot of effort trying to convince you that you are wrong and I am right.

Last edited by mpholland; 03-02-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I went back and agree that in the beginning you were quite mild. But beginning with post 38 the replies were getting you hot under the collar and you went from condescending to downright insulting.
Well you can believe what your want. Facts are thread behavior and mix of topic carries thought out the board.

Post 29 must not count?

This was a regenerated thread post 35-36 are all most a month apart.

After making some comment to a new member who kind of was expressing the same opinion as I was making. I responded back to them since they are experiencing the same site negativity the moment they walked in the door a week ago. That this goes over some heads around here and or doesn't fit their agenda.

Then insults and antagonistic comments came in 41-44 as normal though out this board. So don't kid yourself it's clear in all most any thread what goes on here.

I do appreciate that you at least debate a bit and have constructive dialog. Some here just do drive by insults to antagonize and derail threads.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:39 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Indeed, counselor. Hitting minor league pitching can get pretty boring. I needed time in the dugout for a libation.
http://movie-sounds.org/sports-films...-minor-leagues
Old 03-02-2014, 10:43 AM
reflexionar

Quote:
Well you can believe what your want. Facts are thread behavior and mix of topic carries thought out the board.

Post 29 must not count?

This was a regenerated thread post 35-36 are all most a month apart.

After making some comment to a new member who kind of was expressing the same opinion as I was making. I responded back to them since they are experiencing the same site negativity the moment they walked in the door a week ago. That this goes over some heads around here and or doesn't fit their agenda.

Then insults and antagonistic comments came in 41-44 as normal though out this board. So don't kid yourself it's clear in all most any thread what goes on here.

I do appreciate that you at least debate a bit and have constructive dialog. Some here just do drive by insults to antagonize and derail threads.
Maybe it has something to do with the fact that you have almost 900 posts in less than two months and haven't started one thread in "Conspiracy Theory Corner" yet.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samm View Post
You are absolutely right. It didn't take a day for the insults and name calling to start when I got here and I certainly didn't start it. They even continue it when they know they are on my ignore list.
Why would anyone put up with such childishness when you can block it?
I have to imagine that the owner of the site isn't happy that they drive away donors to their site either. If you don't agree with a post either post an intelligent rebuttal or feel free to pass that person over. There is no benefit in making yourself look fool unless someone just has a need to hate. Then they have actually handed power over to the person they are completely ineffectively trying to hurt. Silliness.
I don't believe in blocking comments. Just because some are negative doesn't mean I close my eyes to it.

Driving away donors? This site doesn't need donors it's a sibling of a successful site. http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/index.php

This site has a bad rap at the parent site for the exact reason we are expressing. I would say 90% of this sites members list came from AK when they started. Some posted low number comments and left because of the BS. Others made no comments seeing what was going on here after signing up.

So what does that make of this site?
A hangout for a very small numbers of likeminded posters. A privet club if you will but thats boring. So the truth is they enjoy when someone like you or me come around. This way they can act out deep seated anger issues and play with you like a cat with a mouse. You see they have no control of the actual politics. However here they validate there control issues unachievable in the real world.