We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-11-2018, 09:12 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

9/11

Never forget.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:35 AM

Interesting related article.
Sept. 11 Revealed The Importance And Limits Of The President's Daily Briefing https://n.pr/2oHxC8t
Old 09-11-2018, 01:37 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Never forget.
Indeed.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:03 PM

Donny’s Long History Of Lying About 9/11 And Exploiting It For Personal Gain

Beyond disgusting.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...personal-gain/

Even as the smoke was literally still rising from the World Trade Center, he saw a terrorist attack against America as an opportunity for self-aggrandizement and self-promotion. He eventually turned it into a weapon of political hate, but in the immediate aftermath, Trump saw it as an opportunity for brand enhancement and wasted no time.

I can already hear the president’s supporters protest that I’m being terribly unfair. Well, here are some things the president has done with regard to 9/11:

Trump bragged that the destruction of the Twin Towers made his building the tallest in Lower Manhattan.

In a television interview on the day of the attacks, the anchor asked Trump if a building he owned near the World Trade Center had sustained damage. Here’s how he replied:

Forty Wall Street actually was the second-tallest building in downtown Manhattan, and it was, actually, before the World Trade Center, was the tallest. And then when they built the World Trade Center it became known as the second-tallest, and now it’s the tallest.

Trump looked out and saw a scene in which 2,753 people died, and said, Hey, that means my building is the tallest one around! Who thinks like that? Trump, that’s who.

Trump applied for and received $150,000 in state funds intended to help small businesses affected by the attacks, despite the fact that his business was not affected.

The fund was supposed to cover uninsured losses for small businesses, but Trump somehow received $150,000 in taxpayer money; his application cited “rent loss,” “cleanup” and “repair.” Yet none of Trump’s properties were actually damaged in the attack.

Trump later claimed it was a reimbursement for his charitable efforts. “It was probably a reimbursement for the fact that I allowed people, for many months, to stay in the building (40 Wall Street), use the building and store things in the building,” he said.