Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-21-2015, 01:34 AM

And here is proof. Trump is a loose cannon and his entertainment value will get tiresome at this rate.
Old 08-21-2015, 07:12 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteos View Post
Although what these morons have done is deplorable and they deserve serious jail time. I don't blame trump. Trump is an idiot and a blowhard, but these Muppets actions are there own. They're just looking for an excuse and would have probably done it anyway.

I know a lot of people who have been saying what Trump has vocalised for years and as stupid and racist as they are they still never attacked anyone.

To be clear. Trump is a giant douche.

Maybe they would have done it anyway--and maybe not. We can't know, so you're right that we can't say that Trump is directly responsible. But we can say that his rhetoric weighed on the wrong side in these guy's decision-making. In fact, the one guy offered Trump's verbal attacks as an excuse! So we have good reason to observe, as Boreas did, that "hearing it from a presidential candidate legitimizes it..... In a sense, giving them permission to take action."

And I observe that Trump's reaction, just smiling and calling the fellows nothing worse than 'passionate,' irresponsibly fails to cancel such permission. In fact, I'd say he in effect praised them, with faint damns. The indulgent smile will be felt as approval, by guys with anti-Hispanic 'passion.' And Trump will get approval back. And he knows it, and is counting on it.

What does he care if a Hispanic bum or two get assaulted?
Old 08-21-2015, 07:28 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post

And I observe that Trump's reaction, just smiling and calling the fellows nothing worse than 'passionate,' irresponsibly fails to cancel such permission. In fact, I'd say he in effect praised them, with faint damns. The indulgent smile will be felt as approval, by guys with anti-Hispanic 'passion.' And Trump will get approval back. And he knows it, and is counting on it.

Disturbing.
Old 08-21-2015, 08:52 PM
Area Man

Guys, the veil between the far right wings façade and the realities of it's true nature wears thinner by the day. These people are NOT and have never been what they claim they are. They put forth a pious "Christian" face, but think about it...........

We've all met people who support these extreme views.........

What is that stench?
Old 08-21-2015, 08:54 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Maybe they would have done it anyway--and maybe not. We can't know, so you're right that we can't say that Trump is directly responsible. But we can say that his rhetoric weighed on the wrong side in these guy's decision-making. In fact, the one guy offered Trump's verbal attacks as an excuse! So we have good reason to observe, as Boreas did, that "hearing it from a presidential candidate legitimizes it..... In a sense, giving them permission to take action."

Very well put, Don.