Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:19 AM
Abby Normal

and another thing

I am sick of the financial analysis of the stock market swings.

Talking head after talking head explain how it's moved by this emotion, that emotion, this worry, that concern. This report, that report.

What nonsense.

Like yesterday, Market went up all day then dropped through the roof the last hour.

Oh, my. Yes, all of a sudden there was concern that was not there the rest of the day.

God forbid we say the market had been successfully manipulated to move up and the smart money was cashing in the last hour.

Is there anyone here who could not make up excuses for the rise and fall of the markets?

What a gig.

1.2 trillion of wealth gone.

Oh really?

What nonsense.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post

Talking head after talking head explain how it's moved by this emotion, that emotion, this worry, that concern. This report, that report.

What nonsense.

Like yesterday, Market went up all day then dropped through the roof the last hour.

Oh, my. Yes, all of a sudden there was concern that was not there the rest of the day.

God forbid we say the market had been successfully manipulated to move up and the smart money was cashing in the last hour.

Is there anyone here who could not make up excuses for the rise and fall of the markets?

What a gig.

Oh really?

What nonsense.
It's manipulated plan and simple....look at the metals the money should be going there for a safe haven.......but they are smacking that down all day long to.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:25 PM

With the interest rate so so low from the fed, to feed the beast the market needs movement from the retirement market (401K) to generate fees. Sell when stocks are going down take a loss pay fees then buy when things improve. Nothing new here.

The wife went into bonds on Monday without even consulting me. Just received a email for our guy........ Gezzz........I'm still sore and pissed......

Barney
Old 08-26-2015, 11:33 PM
Banned

Quote:

What nonsense.

What a gig.

Oh really?

What nonsense.
Most of the "experts and pundits" on the radio and Tee Vee are executives, CEO's, or owners of financial services businesses. They're on the TV pimping their businesses. The worst of them is Peter Schiff, CEO of Euro Pacific Capital. He's the chicken licken of the equities market...always droning that the sky is falling. Playing on the fears of anxious investor's who will go running to Schiff's company in the hope that he can save them from the catastrophe that he is always predicting.
Old 08-27-2015, 07:59 AM
Banned

Now that's funny...
Peter Schiff was the very few that tried to warn the public as to the danger prior to the housing crisis. Don't belive me? it is well documented in film and writing.
http://www.politicalchat.org/showthread.php?t=7054

Last edited by 4-2-7; 08-27-2015 at 08:04 AM.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:08 AM

With the wealth of company profits/performance now available online, as well as the return history from all the mutual funds, there is no reason the average person should not be investing safely with a diversified portfolio.

If you are looking to gamble and try to be the next overnight millionaire, well, that's an option - but steady, safe investing initiated at a young age with an eye on growth will result in a 1 - 3 million dollar nest egg when you hit 45 - 50. 100 - 150 a month, every month, is all it takes.
Old 08-27-2015, 08:45 AM
Area Man

Quote:

What nonsense.

What a gig.

Oh really?

What nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
It's manipulated plan and simple....look at the metals the money should be going there for a safe haven.......but they are smacking that down all day long to.
Of course it's manipulated. Who really believes in the "Magic hand"? Not me, that's for damn sure. Look, if you're sitting on several million, or billions and you have an ample amount stashed in safe havens, you're never going to miss a meal unless you're a total moron. So, at that point it just becomes a game. Who cares if the market drops a thousand points? That just means it's time to buy more as it goes up. So, when the markets plateau, you hit the financial pages,crying wolf and panicking the skittish lemmings into selling cheap...............It get's things moving again.

It's not really all that complicated.

That's why it's more important to us "little guys" to stay focused on the long term. Buy when we can, hold when we must and shelter what we can. And, ferfuksake, if you're in your 40s-50s putting that money towards retirement is more important than the friggin' jet skis................. You can't eat jet skis.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 08-27-2015 at 08:48 AM.