Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Here's the latest skinny on the editing of the talking points. It ends up that there really was nothing nefarious going on. I suppose the GOP will be apologizing tomorrow for wasting everybody's time.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...oints-tell-us/
Old 05-10-2013, 01:57 PM

This just makes me want to vote for Hillary even more. And in 2016 there will be even less of us old cranky white dudes to be even tempted by the GOP. Demographics and all.....

it would be much wiser for the GOP to concentrate on immigration reform rather than worrying about Benghazi or the Big Government buying all the ammo......
Old 05-10-2013, 02:06 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
This just makes me want to vote for Hillary even more. And in 2016 there will be even less of us old cranky white dudes to be even tempted by the GOP. Demographics and all.....

it would be much wiser for the GOP to concentrate on immigration reform rather than worrying about Benghazi or the Big Government buying all the ammo......
They can't deal in substantive policy as most of their base is too angry, embittered and resentful to take the time to figure it out what's really going on (which is impossible on the media they watch anyway). Accordingly, the GOP just continues to throw them more red meat.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:03 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Here's the latest skinny on the editing of the talking points. It ends up that there really was nothing nefarious going on. I suppose the GOP will be apologizing tomorrow for wasting everybody's time.

I liked this comment

JPRS
12:58 PM PDT

Because we lived through a decade where 3,000 of our brothers and sisters were killed during domestic terror attacks, 7,000 KIA in Iraq and Afghanistan, there were over 50 embassy attacks, and the GOP and Cons remained silent.

If you clowns actually cared about civil service, especially after Benghazi, the question of cuts to security budget at State wouldn't even be up for debate.

The fact that the GOP cuts and cuts, is evidence that they are crying crocodile tears.

They are just looking for more American graves to dance on -- simply because their hatred of this president knows no limit.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:15 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Why don't you just use allcaps, JB.

Yawn. You guys just love made up scandals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBS... View Post
What?!?!?!?

Your not going to bash the source
Well Jb, I could but it's obvious when you read that ABC blogger's craptastic conclusions, that his hair is on fire (not too mention his pants.) The only worm that I can see is in that bottle of Mescal he's been chug a lugging...

Better now?

You read the National Journal? OMG!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:19 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

What a cluster this whole thing is even if it's being overstated. And giving the right the opportunity to hammer the admin with this is entirely the admins' fault.

Pete
Old 05-10-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
They can't deal in substantive policy as most of their base is too angry, embittered and resentful to take the time to figure it out what's really going on (which is impossible on the media they watch anyway). Accordingly, the GOP just continues to throw them more red meat.
An all red meat diet is not good for the digestive system!!
Old 05-10-2013, 03:33 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
What a cluster this whole thing is even if it's being overstated. And giving the right the opportunity to hammer the admin with this is entirely the admins' fault.

Pete
Sounds like you're blaming the rape victim for getting raped, bro. No offense. Nice that you're evolving on this issue. tho.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

Evolving?

It's not rape, it's politics. Boohoohoo?

Pete
Old 05-10-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:

There you go again post a blog as "fact." I guess I'll start posting editorial items from the National Review as "facts" to buttress my arguments.