We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-24-2012, 02:59 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Do I have dictator like control?

I'd do this:

Job bank providing unlimited 8-9.00/hr jobs for anyone who wants to work.

Hired by the government? To do what?

Indefinite FICA moratorium

Then, how do you pay for the above?

Totally revamped health care system providing anyone over 18 with 5k per year to spend on medical expenses. The unused balance is given to people to use how they wish. Anything above 5k is handled by Medicare/Medicaid. Kids under 18 are covered by Medicare/Medicaid.

Interesting.

Take the burden of healthcare of of businesses.

Now, that is a good point. I've said this myself, concerning "Single Payer"?

Id run a large ad campaign to educate the public on our monetary system.

Good luck. This is the same public that still thinks throwing more money at the super-rich creates jobs and mailing checks to Pat Robertson will prevent earthquakes that are caused by sodomy.

Make states play on a level playing field to encourage companies to establish roots in the community to curtail our countries race to the bottom.

You must be from Michigan.

More to come...
Interesting plan, Dave.

Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 01-24-2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:36 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Do I have dictator like control?

Job bank providing unlimited 8-9.00/hr jobs for anyone who wants to work.

At $8 I think most folks would wisely choose to search for a better job.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
At $8 I think most folks would wisely choose to search for a better job.
You couldn't afford to buy bird seed for a cuckoo clock at 8 bucks an hour even here in Bugtussell, I can only imagine how worthless it would by in NY.

Chas
Old 01-25-2012, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
You couldn't afford to buy bird seed for a cuckoo clock at 8 bucks an hour even here in Bugtussell, I can only imagine how worthless it would by in NY.

Chas

If you figure in Food stamps and Medicaid that they would surely qualify for at this pay-scale is not the Government subsidizing the employer?

Barney
Old 01-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
If you figure in Food stamps and Medicaid that they would surely qualify for at this pay-scale is not the Government subsidizing the employer?

Barney

Dave
Old 01-25-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:

Barney
Point well taken.

I'd be better off if my wife and myself went on relief, claimed SSDI, and worked part time. I've got a construction business which has survived for 20 years and she's a registered nurse.

Whenever it reaches the point that folks such as ourselves would be better of on relief, who should we blame? Ourselves???

We can't have the whole nation sitting on it's ass waiting for the end of the month. Some motherfucker has to grow the beans.

Forget the Austrian School, Keyenesiam, or any of those other economic theories...if you ain't got no beans to eat, you're gonna starve to death.

Some motherfucker has to go to work.

And we're paying people NOT to work.

Chas
Old 01-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:

Barney
At $8 an hour I would doubt you qualify for any assistance at all and you could not live.

This Food stamps and Medicaid myth for the working poor is largly an urban myth.
Old 01-25-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post

Chas
The number has to be low enough not to pull jobs away from the private sector while high enough to get people interested. It's been phenomenally successful in Argentina and India and there is no doubt there is a number that would make it successful, here.
Old 01-26-2012, 10:57 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
The number has to be low enough not to pull jobs away from the private sector while high enough to get people interested. It's been phenomenally successful in Argentina and India and there is no doubt there is a number that would make it successful, here.
Indeed. This idea is wonderful. Isn't this what FDR essentially did?

In times of ecomnomic downturn instead of wideneing the gap between rich and poor by lowering taxes (a ridiculous concept popularized by Ronnie) taxes should be increased to directly give jobs to the unemployed.

The unemployed (now employed) then work on projects that will benifit big business and society when the economy returns to normal. (bridges, roads, power plants...)

What has happened instead is that the wealthy have used downturns to increase their wealth at the expense of the middle and lower class.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

LMAO!

Hey, do we get to kill the dictator if we don't like him?

Pete