Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-09-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Show me where I proposed punishing anyone. It's Marjorie Taylor Green seeking a great divorce, not me. And the reason the rural states will be in a bad way, in addition to the tax subsidy lost, is that they won't have the borrowing power of the federal government.

Did you see the bit where MTG wants to put special taxes on people who move into the red empire after the split? To punish them for their sin of supporting Democrats? Sounds like they'll need a color chart to see who gets to pay....

I deny that I ever said anything anywhere near this bad.

Of course, MTG is just a bona fide idiot. The real plan, as I mentioned above, is one-party rule over the whole country.
Just now checked out the latest scuttle-butt from MTG.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/29/rep-gr...d-blue-states/

I actually laughed out loud. She's like a Tucker Carlson for dumb people. If you're not Red, then you're Blue. See?

And she mentioned Californians and New Yorkers specifically. We'll start watching auto license plates at the gas stations. Give'em directions back to the interstate, and if they say they're stayin', we'll know what to do. Cool'em off.

Gawd, that's crazy.

At this point, I'm still allowed to register to vote as 'unaffiliated'. If I'm ever forced to chose sides, I guess I'd quit voting.

George Washington warned us about bipartisan politics, just like Truman warned us about the MIC.

https://www.mountvernon.org/library/...-usurp-for-th/

One party would be best if it was benevolent / altruistic. Ain't going to happen, because the cream does not rise to the top, not in Capitalism or Communism.

Last edited by BigElCat; 02-11-2022 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:30 PM
Ready

The founders slipped badly when they imagined the 'non-partisan unity' of the revolutionary era could be made to last.

The electoral college as originally envisioned might have spared us the presidency of Donald Trump. The malfunctioning junk it has evolved into serves only to amplify the power of sparsely populated rural states. But there is no way to get rid of it except by constitutional amendment, which would require the consent of many of those states. So it won't happen.
Old 02-09-2022, 01:36 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post

One party would be best if it was benevolent / altruistic. Ain't going to happen, because the cream does not rise to the top, not in Capitalism or Communism.
A 'one party' system has to be enforced from the top. In other words, it will always be some form of authoritarian government. A legislature free to vote as it wishes and pass things by majority vote will always split into two parties, because people are naturally inclined in different ways, and will seek allies. The side that is more organized will win a lot, so both will get partisan.
Old 02-09-2022, 02:34 PM
Mutated Member

I did not went through all of the last about 110 replies of this topic. But I think that a new Civil War like in the United States in 1863 or in Spain in 1936 or in former Yugoslavia in 1992 won't happen again.

The major part of the population in our days is intelligent enough to realize that by a Civil War they would bite the hand that feeds them - which is the principle of Democracy.
Old 02-09-2022, 10:45 PM

Maybe not an all out shootin' war but you have the majority of the Republican party believing the Democrats stole the last election and any moves by the party to correct that are A-OK. Add to that a large portion of them believing that it may take some sort of action (violence) to achieve that correction. These people think the Jan. 6th insurrection attempt was justified and would support another "justified" action in the future. Right now Canadian Reich-Wingers have Ottawa jammed up with big rigs. If tRump runs and loses in 2024 look for the to try the same thing in D.C.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
I did not went through all of the last about 110 replies of this topic. But I think that a new Civil War like in the United States in 1863 or in Spain in 1936 or in former Yugoslavia in 1992 won't happen again.

The major part of the population in our days is intelligent enough to realize that by a Civil War they would bite the hand that feeds them - which is the principle of Democracy.
Having faith in the people is a nice, positive mindset. I once had it...actually twice. The first time was when I relalized that all the anti-war activities of the late 60's and early 70's had converted enough Americans to recognition of what an immoral war we were in, led by immoral, lying ass politicians of both parties. The second time was the election and re-election of Barack Obama.

Alas...I admit how wrongheaded I was. The four years of the Trump administration, the conversion of the Republican Party and Republican voters to what constitutes the "Trump Party", and the past year which has shown us that almost 50% of the people in this country would still prefer Trump as president and who apparently believe that the 2020 election was stolen.

So anyway HK...would that your belief was accurate, but my belief is that the intelligence of the American people is highly over-rated. For American Republicans and American conservatives, all that matters is the victory of their desire for American Democracy, as we have basically known it since the founding, to be crushed into dust.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-10-2022 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post
Just now checked out the latest scuttle-butt from MTG.

https://nypost.com/2021/12/29/rep-gr...d-blue-states/

I actually laughed out loud. She's like a Tucker Carlson for dumb people. If you're not Red, the you're Blue. See?

And she mentioned Californians and New Yorkers specifically. We'll start watching auto license plates at the gas stations. Give'em directions back to the interstate, and if they say they're stayin', we'll know what to do. Cool'em off.

Gawd, that's crazy.

At this point, I'm still allowed to register to vote as 'unaffiliated'. If I'm ever forced to chose sides, I guess I'd quit voting.

George Washington warned us about bipartisan politics, just like Truman warned us about the MIC.

https://www.mountvernon.org/library/...-usurp-for-th/

First things first. There is no good reason for anybody who is interested in the truth, unless it's through the examination of lies like we get out of rags like the New York Post, to read the New York Post.

Now...Marjoie Taylor Greene is fulla shit. Not that I had to point that out to anybody, I suppose. And ass stupid as she appears, I'm pretty sure she knows it. But this continuous sniveling about the the US House and the Electoral College protecting the small states (read red states, for the most part) is utter bullshit.

By the design of the slave owning founders, who were most interested in protecting the rights to slave holding and slave trade in the smaller southern states, the smaller states have always had over representation in the legislative branch of government and in Presidential elections.

If anybody is interested in debating this with me...I'm ready and I'm throwing down.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-10-2022 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:31 AM

Some don't feel that we in the US are headed for a civil war. We may not be but some people sure think we are.

The Army Vet Who Was Prepping Civilians for a 'Pending' Civil War

Quote:
The FBI's case against Arthur can be traced back to 2018, according to court documents. Authorities had been tipped off about a different person who was "attempting to organize and recruit for a militia group" to fight the U.S. government.
Meanwhile the Repubs scream ANTIFA this and BLM that.
Old 02-10-2022, 09:36 AM
Ready

You meant the US Senate, not the US House.
Old 02-10-2022, 10:41 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
You meant the US Senate, not the US House.
Actually I should have just said, over represented in the US Congress, because there are small states also have more representatives than they should.