Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-23-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
BigEwhat's to stop them from doing it again?
The 22nd Amendment to the United States Constitution.

I fully expect Trump to be president from 2024 through 2028. His wad will be spent. Only two terms for a President.

His supporters may stage another dumbass show, but they'll go home eventually.
Old 12-23-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigElCat View Post

I fully expect Trump to be president from 2024 through 2028. His wad will be spent. Only two terms for a President.

Do you actually believe former guy will just simply go away after one more term? I don't. DJT is the GOP's ticket to power and power is what they seek. He's managed to coalesce the base like no other. I don't believe the party that's refused to condemn an outright insurrection will allow the Constitution to stand in the way of keeping tRump in power. The other half of the equation is the man himself. The narcissistic person that he is won't relish relinquishing the position and power the office holds. In office he's untouchable. No criminal or civil prosecutions allowed and no political party to keep him in check. Even now and he's steering the party without even holding any office.
Now about that pesky Constitution. With the Repubs in control of all three branches of government the Constitution will likely be tailored to their wishes. The current 22nd. says a person can't be elected more than twice. That can be changed or simply some excuse for suspending the election.
"He who's got the gold makes the rules"
Old 12-23-2021, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
Do you actually believe former guy will just simply go away after one more term? I don't. DJT is the GOP's ticket to power and power is what they seek. He's managed to coalesce the base like no other. I don't believe the party that's refused to condemn an outright insurrection will allow the Constitution to stand in the way of keeping tRump in power. The other half of the equation is the man himself. The narcissistic person that he is won't relish relinquishing the position and power the office holds. In office he's untouchable. No criminal or civil prosecutions allowed and no political party to keep him in check. Even now and he's steering the party without even holding any office.
Now about that pesky Constitution. With the Repubs in control of all three branches of government the Constitution will likely be tailored to their wishes. The current 22nd. says a person can't be elected more than twice. That can be changed or simply some excuse for suspending the election.
"He who's got the gold makes the rules"
He'll leave for the same reason he left last time.

After the January 6th insurrection, he walked out with that goofy, quick smile. I'm leaving now. I'll see you later.

Somebody has power over him. They told him to leave or else this, this and this will happen. His handler is above the law. DIA or Mafia. Or both.

Last edited by BigElCat; 12-23-2021 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-23-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:

No way he will go or the GOP will relinquish power. They will change any and all rules to achieve this outcome.

By the end of the first year our democracy will be forever changed. They will be moving quick for apparent reasons. To solidify and consolidate their power eliminating any and all opposition in the process.

Fearing elections and courts, this will be paramount in their thoughts so time will be of the essence.
Old 12-23-2021, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerets View Post
No way he will go or the GOP will relinquish power. They will change any and all rules to achieve this outcome.

By the end of the first year our democracy will be forever changed. They will be moving quick for apparent reasons. To solidify and consolidate their power eliminating any and all opposition in the process.

Fearing elections and courts, this will be paramount in their thoughts so time will be of the essence.
Exactly, the GOP didn't come this far or that far if they get tRump in the WH and/or control of Congress, to just relinquish power to the Dems and play nice. They've already demonstrated that they'll let tRump do as he pleases and being president pleases him.

The reason why he left last time was his insurrection didn't work. That and he chose to walk out versus being drug out. Once Biden was certified there was nothing he could do about it. The GOP wasn't organized enough to overturn the election last time. The GOP is making moves to have the next presidential election come out the way they want regardless of the will of the people. Witness voter suppression across the nation.
Old 12-23-2021, 10:24 PM

What must be understood last time not enough were willing to help. Was it because they were secretly happy in the hope he was gone? That they still believed in democracy, had integrity?

The trump train has picked up steam with those who have jumped on. This must be apparent, trump is not planning or pulling strings. He has people under him working the details out. All he has is the wanting total power, lets others figure out the best ways forward. Once trump is gone they will have steps in place for a successor.

Looking at the illegal and treasonous actions committed that we know about now. They know if they every loose power and the courts get all the info.........

Serious jail time will be their futures.

Last edited by Oerets; 12-23-2021 at 10:27 PM.
Old 12-24-2021, 08:34 AM

Do y'all think Mr Walker will win in Georgia? He's lived in Texas for 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker
Old 12-24-2021, 09:34 AM

Hard to say, a famous babbling nitwit of a "Jewish Nazi". Some may vote for him because he is "famous" rather than because he is (not) a qualified rational candidate.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Do y'all think Mr Walker will win in Georgia? He's lived in Texas for 10 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker
I can see where he might be encouraged seeing the examples of Loren "Repeat Offender" Boebert and MTG. If those two can manage to get elected, who knows. It also depends somewhat on Georgia's voter suppression efforts.
Old 12-25-2021, 07:38 AM

As we ponder this day in the season of celebrations. Thinking upon the weather on this Christmas in the Derby. As I type this is is 0830 and 63*. No way normal for our area.

Then it occurred to me this enlightenment.

The reason the cult is having such a hard time with reality.

The facing truths hard ones that they out of having the need, wanting to be right. Still deny climate change election losses being racists failings in their leaders.....

Small wonder they are so PO all the time. Hard for them to handle all of the contortions and what about this arguments.

So as for what will happen, fear they will be forced to eliminate anything that does not reinforce their view of reality. No room for any narrative other then theirs.