Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-25-2021, 09:31 PM
Admin

Sure would be nice if all these bible (t)humpers actually walked the walk and lived the 'Golden Rule'.

signed some son of a preacher man
Old 02-26-2021, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
So I've been told. But I haven't been told why it makes any sense to believe it.
As you well know just about all the world's religions that have ever existed were/are based on faith not common sense. Hell, even the Christians got that right in Hebrews 11:1

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."
Old 02-26-2021, 08:07 PM

Faith is belief without tangible proof of veracity. I do not have that kind of faith.
Old 02-26-2021, 08:35 PM
Ready

Faith is just believing something because you believe it. In the case of the established religions, we're used to that and sort of accept it. It's kind of jarring when all of a sudden it's 'belief in pedophile Democrats led by lizard people,' but it's really the same thing.
Old 02-28-2021, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
It's kind of jarring when all of a sudden it's 'belief in pedophile Democrats led by lizard people,' but it's really the same thing.
If by faith one accepts a virgin born savior sent from heaven who redeems mankind by dying on a cross then it's not such a stretch to believe anything else. And because of that it's time to re-establish the separation of church and state.
Old 03-04-2021, 06:20 PM

The Wasting of the Evangelical Mind
The peculiarities of how American Christianity took shape help explain believers’ vulnerability to conspiratorial thinking and misinformation.

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...angelical-mind

Quote:
It was among the most jarring scenes of the Capitol invasion, on January 6th. As rioters milled about on the Senate floor, a long-haired man in a red ski cap bellowed, from the dais, “Jesus Christ, we invoke your name!” A man to his right––the so-called QAnon Shaman, wearing a fur hat and bull horns atop his head, and holding an American flag—raised a megaphone and began to pray. Others in the chamber bowed their heads. “Thank you, heavenly Father, for being the inspiration needed to these police officers to allow us into the building, to allow us to exercise our rights, to allow us to send a message to all the tyrants, the Communists, and the globalists, that this is our nation, not theirs, that we will not allow the America, the American way of the United States of America, to go down,” he said. “Thank you, divine, omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent creator God for filling this chamber with your white light and love, your white light of harmony. Thank you for filling this chamber with patriots that love you and love Christ.”
Sigh.
Old 03-04-2021, 10:30 PM

I did not come here today...to tell you...about Jesus.

And I did not come here to today...to ask...for your money.

(what a sickness)

It's all real, though. Created, just like the Judea / Christian origin "mythos" claims.
Old 03-05-2021, 08:10 AM

Old 07-07-2022, 10:39 PM

England sent their religious zealots to America.
England also sent their criminals to Australia.
We in Australia are convinced that we got the better half of the deal.

Roger De Boer
Old 07-08-2022, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
This guy claims that listening to music that emphasizes 2 and 4 "short-circuits the moral frontal lobe" and is a danger to Christians. And he's deadly serious.
It's truly amazing humans have made it as long as we have.

https://www.facebook.com/andrew.hitz...57525625501483

Yes, they really are this confused!
I've been a professing Christian since 1981. What I've noticed both in some of the churches I've attended and on "Christian" television, which I occasionally watched back in the late 80's and early 90's, is that a lot of "Christians" tend to believe something if it comes from a pulpit or from some Christian leader in the radio or TV. It's like they turn off the skeptical part of their brain.

I've never been someone who was susceptible to it, but find it a fascinating phenomenon, and warn Christians against it constantly - to this day.

And there are plenty of nuts in Christianity as well as all other religions, including Atheism. None of them are "usually" a reflection of the faith of which they claim they are a member, unless they are basing their actions on what is commonly accepted as what their particular faith teaches.