Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-19-2014, 08:41 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
Really? To whom do you refer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Where have you seen this here John?
This thread...

Post #51, Post #64, Post #66

"Another Clinton on the way" thread, Post #13

"Unintended Consequences in Litter Control" thread, Post #20
(Not a direct threat from TJ admittedly, but the same kind of wish for harm.)

There are many more in the same vein, and by several other posters. My point was to try to bring to light how this forum is slipping into the realm of so many other forums. We used to be able to have discussions without the threats like we do now. They do nothing to support the argument, no matter which side of the argument you are on.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:45 AM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

Quote:
What is this hose shit? (Or horse shit, if that's what you meant.)

You said, if I may refresh your memory, "Lotta that goin' around." That was in response to an observation referring to one particular individual. Your post therefore amounted to a 'defense,' of that individual, a claim that others were also acting like "Internet tough guys," so the particular person wasn't 'worse than others.'

But unless you're willing to name these 'others,' what reason does anyone have to think they even exist? Your claim looks empty to me. Unless you can back it up, it was basically untruthful, I would say.

And I called your post about leading to water and stuff 'shit,' because insinuations without particulars are shit.
I corrected my mistake in spelling. Sorry about that. As for the rest, see my Post #91. I assume that most here read almost every post. (Maybe I shouldn't make that assumption!) If you do you are surely aware of all the threats made here.

Last edited by JJIII; 04-19-2014 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:46 AM
Ready

It's serious in intent. People too dumb to see through the persuasive manipulations might buy it. If you are predisposed to think awful things about the Obamas, you might buy it.

It's big lie propaganda, basically.
Old 04-19-2014, 08:56 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
It's serious in intent. People too dumb to see through the persuasive manipulations might buy it. If you are predisposed to think awful things about the Obamas, you might buy it.

It's big lie propaganda, basically.
This is so sick - buying this story somebody must have an intelligence quotient which is around 58 or so.

Reminds me a bit of the antisemitism propaganda "Der ewige Jude" which was such a disgusting Nazi crime full of contempt for humanity.

Okay - this one is comparatively harmless but anyway...
Old 04-19-2014, 10:05 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
I corrected my mistake in spelling. Sorry about that. As for the rest, see my Post #91. I assume that most here read almost every post. (Maybe I shouldn't make that assumption!) If you do you are surely aware of all the threats made here.
Yes John, at least in my case, mostly it is a function of who posted and in which thread because of late many threads are not worth the bother.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:06 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
This is so sick - buying this story somebody must have an intelligence quotient which is around 58 or so.

Reminds me a bit of the antisemitism propaganda "Der ewige Jude" which was such a disgusting Nazi crime full of contempt for humanity.

Okay - this one is comparatively harmless but anyway...
Fifty-eight? Chris you are in a generous mood today.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
Stupid question - sorry - is that stuff serious or just another "funny" youtube shit?
Chris, I doubt the people who made that video believe a word if it.... but you never know. The makers do realize, however, that there are a lot of Americans who are more than willing to believe the most outlandish things about the Obamas as long as they're unflattering or scandalous.

DJ and the Tar Baby are such people. Tough they're a minority here, they are a large one.

We are a nation of idiots.

Just as we see here with DJ and Tar Baby, the crazies have taken control of the debate. They barrage the rest of us with their moronic conspiracy theories and their racism. Up to a certain point, they're fairly easy to ignore but as they increase the volume (in both senses of the word) of their imbecilic hatred, other (saner) people feel compelled to respond in order to challenge, object to or ridicule the crazies.

That shifts the focus of the discussion. We end up talking about whether President Obama was born in Kenya instead of our foreign policy regarding the African continent. We end up debating the very existence of climate change rather than mapping out strategies to reverse it. We waste our time arguing over Creationism vs. evolution when we should be thoughtfully discussing the role of religion in a technological age.

We are a nation of idiots.

John

PS: we are a nation of idiots.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:26 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
Oh, OK, fine, we're on the same page. My misunderstanding, sorry.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:16 AM
reflexionar

Thought I had something to say. Guess I was mistaken.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:24 AM
Ready

neat graphic!