We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:43 PM

Two malleable useful idiots

Trump and LaPierre.
The NRA's Misfire : 1A https://www.npr.org/2021/11/03/10519...e-nras-misfire
Old 11-04-2021, 11:39 AM
Area Man

Long ago, in the early 1990s when I was still a Republican and daily Rush Limbaugh listener, I recall listening to a Republican politician talk about long term strategy. The topic, IIRC, was an airline strike and what he felt needed to be done to create a "business atmosphere" more favorable to corporate executives........

He referred to Americas workforce as ".....too protective of contracts that are unfavorable (to management)...." and how we needed a way to ".....make Americas workforce more malleable.".

malleable
[ˈmalyəb(ə)l]
ADJECTIVE
(of a metal or other material) able to be hammered or pressed permanently out of shape without breaking or cracking.
"a malleable metal can be beaten into a sheet"
synonyms:
pliable · ductile · plastic · pliant · soft · workable · shapable · moldable · tractile · tensile
easily influenced; pliable.

In other words, more easily hammered, squeezed and molded into whatever form corporate bosses desire, WITH THE HELP OF GOVERNMENT.

So, somebody please tell me how this represents "freedom" more than an ideology that allows the workers the ability to organize and push back against corporate power?

I don't believe it is. In fact, I believe American right wing ideology will soon turn into a dystopian nightmare that will make any silly Liberals policies look like paradise by the time it fully plays out. Already, American workers complain daily about being powerless in the workplace but can't seem to fathom why that is as they stand in line to vote Republican.

Soon, it won't matter to me as I plan to retire by the time I turn 60, in two years. But, I will be watching and enjoying the show.

Dumbasses.

Last edited by BlueStreak; 11-04-2021 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-04-2021, 11:51 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
Trump and LaPierre.
The NRA's Misfire : 1A https://www.npr.org/2021/11/03/10519...e-nras-misfire
Now, to get back on topic;

This is all the NRA has been for at least the last 40 years or so;

A tool used to spread right wing propaganda and recruit heavily armed and paranoid rubes into the Republican fold.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I gives you the 6th of January, 2021......and whatever other unnecessary and idiotic spectacles lay in wait.
Old 11-04-2021, 02:23 PM

The Republican party leadership is excellent at playing the long game. The Democratic party leadership has no strategy against it. At least that's how it seems.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
The Republican party leadership is excellent at playing the long game. The Democratic party leadership has no strategy against it. At least that's how it seems.
The only thing going for us progressives is that we have them outnumbered. The Republican party presidential candidate has scored more of the popular vote once in the last eight Presidential elections. The RNC knows it, and it's why they're so desperate to suppress as much of the vote as they can.
Old 11-04-2021, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyM View Post
The using of hate and anger fueled by lies people want to believe. Just how do you fight that? Telling over and over again, even showing the truth as fact no matter how many times. So far is not changing the alternative reality a large percentage choose to believe.

When you have those who will think gargling bleach will prevent C-19, or the man has no part in the warming of the planet. Believe in trickle down economy being beneficial, no racism in this country....the list is long of examples. They rather get their news from an anonymous posters off the internet then read a paper or watch the legit news stations. (fewer and fewer of these)

So getting through to a vast portion and growing will be daunting!
Old 11-04-2021, 07:46 PM

No, those people are lost. Some may be reached but not enough to matter. The GOP long game has tapped into a large segment of the populace and convinced them to swallow the "blue pill". It's going to take several generations for their sort of thinking to be bred out of the populace or at least their effects minimized. The Democrats need to keep the base and independents energized and engaged which requires giving them something to be energized and engaged about. We outnumber them only if we get the numbers to the polls. The dangerous part is having a large segment of people who believe they're being left behind, excluded. That leaves them open to being radicalized and thus dangerous.

Last edited by RickeyM; 11-04-2021 at 07:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2021, 06:18 AM

The danger is when someone is at the core liberal minded, are to then be seen as weak by the other side. For they now are showing just how much they do cherish being a bully. For they expect all others to accept and allow their rants, wishes and actions as freedoms. Never once to consider in any way reciprocating the same back.

One way highway....

Sorry but I foresee troubled times ahead.