Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Global political discussions
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-25-2016, 09:36 AM
Jigsawed

Just a matter of time.

Abu Imran speaking for Sharia4Belgium in an interview said it is just a matter of time (4.43) for Muslims to become the majority in Belgium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDKk15KcqNk

Last edited by Dondilion; 03-25-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:18 PM

Fundamentalist Christians have been tirelessly working to put the USA under Biblical "natural law" for those for whom equality is not enough, and havent succeeded yet thnx partly to the US Constitution and partly to vigilance by Progressives.
Yet, the push for religiously founded dominance continues here. Some communities have been overtaken by Christian and other religious groups thru abuse of local ordinances.

How this might apply under Belge law is unknown, but it has happened here as locally based tyranny.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 03-25-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:57 AM
Resident octogenarian

Belgium has enough problems between the French speaking and Dutch speaking population.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:58 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Abu Imran speaking for Sharia4Belgium in an interview said it is just a matter of time (4.43) for Muslims to become the majority in Belgium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDKk15KcqNk
Muslims are 5% of the Belgian population, whereas Evangelicals are 27% of the US population. I'd say we're in greater danger of religious encroachment by fundamentalists than they are.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:09 AM

I will be on the lookout for thousands of Christian soldiers marching on Washington with tanks, mortars, and swords, beheading and enslaving those they deem unworthy.

The comparison of the two factions and methods illustrates the obvious - the battles in this country between fundamental Christian doctrine and those that oppose it are fought in the courtroom and ballot box - not at the point of a spear.

The oddball McVeighs of this world are useless but thankfully few and far between.

The comparison of the two seems odd to me and intellectually unsound.

Last edited by catswiththum; 03-26-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:52 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by catswiththum View Post
I will be on the lookout for thousands of Christian soldiers marching on Washington with tanks, mortars, and swords, beheading and enslaving those they deem unworthy.

The comparison of the two factions and methods illustrates the obvious - the battles in this country between fundamental Christian doctrine and those that oppose it are fought in the courtroom and ballot box - not at the point of a spear.

The oddball McVeighs of this world are useless but thankfully few and far between.

There are other ways besides going jihad. Tyranny under color of law, enforced with sanctions short of beheading, might still be tyranny. There are those who want to take power in the name of the Lord.
Old 03-26-2016, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
There are other ways besides going jihad. Tyranny under color of law, enforced with sanctions short of beheading, might still be tyranny. There are those who want to take power in the name of the Lord.
No doubt there are - to do so they will have to weave their way through elections, Congressional votes, and the Supreme Court. Despite the alarm, the people have spoken in favor of gay rights, abortion, etc. I am happy we have a system that weighs all sides without bombs.
Old 03-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:

Actually, Far Right extremists have killed more Americans since 9/11 than Jihadis.
http://securitydata.newamerica.net/e...y-attacks.html

Even if that were not the case, I think that Americans' freedoms are more endangered by the religious right than they are by jihadis. They have the political means to impose their will.

Last edited by finnbow; 03-26-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:17 AM

Quote:

I was taking the inference of the op that Sharia would be imposed by sheer dominance of a Muslim majority in Belgium. You extension is an argumentative endulgence that doesn't apply here.
However, we continue to see a push here to impose religiously based ideas and practices thru legislation.
Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pio1980; 03-26-2016 at 11:03 AM.