Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Off-topic
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-20-2021, 08:51 PM
reflexionar

Not much has changed here. I took the MR74 out to the shop to mate with the MA6100 as I use the Sonos through the old Micromega MyDac for radio now. There is now a little weather station monitor in its place. Are you sure about the weight on that MA6900? I thought it was closer to 75 pounds than 58. I know my 2205 is about 85 pounds.

Old 02-21-2021, 09:12 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpholland View Post
Not much has changed here. I took the MR74 out to the shop to mate with the MA6100 as I use the Sonos through the old Micromega MyDac for radio now. There is now a little weather station monitor in its place. Are you sure about the weight on that MA6900? I thought it was closer to 75 pounds than 58. I know my 2205 is about 85 pounds.

Right you are! 75 lbs. Just looked at the manual. It's a big, heavy beast. It's been sitting in it's current location for about three years. Since the last time I had it to the McIntosh service center in Williamsburg. I LOVE the sound but the weight can be cumbersome. For sources, I have the Pro-ject TT, Musical Fidelity A3cd, Magnum Dynalab MD90 tuner and Revox A77mkIV. Haven't gotten into streaming, yet.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:18 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Using my JBL L80t3s nearfield. One on each side of my little computer desk.
You can really feel those 10" drivers.
Didn't you have Vandersteen 3s a while back? I sold my 2Ces to pay for parts to do my own DIY build. I miss those Vandys. After I took the mans money, this grinning nipplehead started telling me how he was going to take a saw to them and make "improvements". My heart sank like a rock.
Old 02-21-2021, 09:29 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Didn't you have Vandersteen 3s a while back? I sold my 2Ces to pay for parts to do my own DIY build. I miss those Vandys. After I took the mans money, this grinning nipplehead started telling me how he was going to take a saw to them and make "improvements". My heart sank like a rock.
Geeze!