Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-22-2012, 01:21 AM

I wish no details of any sort would be given to any media source until after a full investigation has been done. I remember years ago when a house blew up and the chief of police told the media that he was giving them no details until after his department knew the facts. Is it really that hard to tell them to take a hike and let the proper authorities do their jobs first with no distractions? What happened at the school was horrible, it really pissed me off seeing the news put those parents faces on tv, some bent over holding their knee's in tears the morning it happened. That was downright shameful of them to do with no respect for them at all, IMO.

Last edited by hillbilly; 12-22-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 12-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly View Post
If the boy never took the rifle in the school, then who used a rifle to do the killing? So many stories, he was found dead in the school with only hand guns, and the rifle was in the trunk of his car. I'm not sure how many times the story will change, or if ALL the facts will ever come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_Nl...ature=youtu.be
Hi Hillbilly, I watched the YouTube link that you posted and it seemed that the coroner said all of the wounds were caused by a rifle. I couldn't tell when the NBC clip was broadcast. I'll go look at the NBC site.

WaPo, LaTimes and The NYTimes came up empty in respect to the news that the rifle never made it into the school, strange. I'll report back when I've found more.

I went looking for info and came up with this for the source for the video. I'm not really familiar with them, anyone else know about them?

http://leaksource.wordpress.com/
Old 12-22-2012, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Thanks, Santa Pete. We urbanites appreciate your generous contributions, keep 'em coming! I wanna iPhone!
I know a guy that got an iphone. He said it's pretty cool, has internet anywhere you go. He said that I should throw away my vintage basic flip phone and upgrade to an iphone too, so I could stay updated on forums without having to find time to be at the pc.
Old 12-22-2012, 02:07 AM
Admin

Quote:
I wish no details of any sort would be given to any media source until after a full investigation has been done. I remember years ago when a house blew up and the chief of police told the media that he was giving them no details until after his department knew the facts. Is it really that hard to tell them to take a hike and let the proper authorities do their jobs first with no distractions? What happened at the school was horrible, it really pissed me off seeing the news put those parents faces on tv, some bent over holding their knee's in tears the morning it happened. That was downright shameful of them to do with no respect for them at all, IMO.
The media outlets can be ghoulish at times but they're serving up what their customers appear to want. I'm with you in regard to people's privacy being invaded but then again it's the price of having a free press and speech. I just ignore most of the TV crap and read the newspaper websites. Probably the Zappa music I listen to growing up?. Here's a Youtube video of Frank's that sums up how I feel about most of the fare on the one eyed monster.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yq7043awb4

Here's the lyrics "I am the Slime" by Zappa

"I am gross and perverted
Im obsessed n deranged
I have existed for years
But very little had changed
I am the tool of the government
And industry too
For I am destined to rule
And regulate you

I may be vile and pernicious
But you can't look away
I make you think Im delicious
With the stuff that I say
I am the best you can get
Have you guessed me yet?
I am the slime oozin out
From your tv set

You will obey me while I lead you
And eat the garbage that I feed you
Until the day that we don't need you
Don't go for help...no one will heed you
Your mind is totally controlled
It has been stuffed into my mold
And you will do as you are told
Until the rights to you are sold

That's right, folks..
Don't touch that dial

Well, I am the slime from your video
Oozin along on your livinroom floor

I am the slime from your video
Cant stop the slime, people, lookit me go"
Old 12-22-2012, 02:13 AM
Admin

Quote:
I know a guy that got an iphone. He said it's pretty cool, has internet anywhere you go. He said that I should throw away my vintage basic flip phone and upgrade to an iphone too, so I could stay updated on forums without having to find time to be at the pc.
My peepers are too old and I'm set in my ways. Got a flip phone that seems indestructable and besides all that I'm cheap. Those things are over a C note. Hell, I spent all my extra money on the VOA auction and Secret Santa deal over at AK.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Resident octogenarian

Quote:
If the boy never took the rifle in the school, then who used a rifle to do the killing? So many stories, he was found dead in the school with only hand guns, and the rifle was in the trunk of his car. I'm not sure how many times the story will change, or if ALL the facts will ever come out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ju_Nl...ature=youtu.be
That is pure BS, the medical examiner was horrified at the numberr of the .223 hollow point rounds they found in some of the children, as many as 11 in one child.
Old 12-22-2012, 07:30 AM
Resident octogenarian

I find all this talk of the people rising up and overthrowing the government to be the result of some paranoid delusion.

I lived in Canada for nearly 53 years and anytime we did not like the government we simply voted them out of office.

Of course we only has a simple parliamentary system back home, not this complex "checks and balances" system, though lately since they are acting as if it was a parliamentary system so the checkbook no longer balances.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
I find all this talk of the people rising up and overthrowing the government to be the result of some paranoid delusion.

I lived in Canada for nearly 53 years and anytime we did not like the government we simply voted them out of office.

Of course we only has a simple parliamentary system back home, not this complex "checks and balances" system, though lately since they are acting as if it was a parliamentary system so the checkbook no longer balances.
Change is not as effective as say London or Canada...that may be a negative...but the checks protect us from a majority imposing their will on the minority...something the founding fathers were concerned about. It is actually working now even if one does not like who it is benefiting...the Tea Party wing nuts at the moment.

Just think sir if the Tea Party had the Presidency Senate and the House....you would want the ability of the Democrats in the minority to stop the destruction of the country. The checks do work when you think about it.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
My peepers are too old and I'm set in my ways. Got a flip phone that seems indestructable and besides all that I'm cheap. Those things are over a C note. Hell, I spent all my extra money on the VOA auction and Secret Santa deal over at AK.
I think iPhones are actually around $500 but you can get Androids for a LOT less. $100 will get you a half decent one but anything less than that is pretty crappy.

John
Old 12-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Admin

Unhappy

Sign here to end the madness.

http://www.demandaplan.org/stories?u...tm_source=hmpg