We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
she is not old?

Sometimes this PC crap is extreme.

I submit this is a case of that.

BTW, everything is context and relative.

I go to the supermarket every Wednesday and ask the cashier for the "old man discount" in reference to myself. I refer to senior discounts as "old man discounts."

If you are old, you are old. I have always chosen descriptive words or phrases over conventional talk.

Anyway, this place has a habit of attacking posters not posts... it's ashame.

Why not just share your experiences of work place inequities so I may understand because frankly, generally I don't.

Thanks
You start a thread called Woman's Rights and then post the most biased content in the thread about them.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:04 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
For instance, he thought Trump's misogyny was "a riot".
John, I do not have your photographic memory

Can you recant or link "a riot."

I can't recall the context but I respect your memory.

thanks

Last edited by noonereal; 07-12-2016 at 10:20 AM.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:30 AM

Quote:
John, I do not have your photographic memory

Can you recant or link "a riot."

I can't recall the context but I respect your memory.

thanks
Ed must have posted over 100 times praising Trump or rationalizing his uncouth and bigoted behavior. I have no desire to pore over them searching for one post in order to satisfy one person's curiosity.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:01 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
Ed must have posted over 100 times praising Trump or rationalizing his uncouth and bigoted behavior. I have no desire to pore over them searching for one post in order to satisfy one person's curiosity.
I only ask to be sure it was in context because the stuff you throw out me is mostly out of context.

You have a habit recently, IMO, of telling people what they believe or how they have said something so you can attack it if it is not in lockstep with your views.

Everything is gray. Insisting you are white and anything not in line with your thought is black shares little and frankly is often antagonistic.

Why not have a discussion?
Old 07-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
You may be liberal but sort of hypocritical. When it comes to you own daughter you are concerned about possible discrimination, but you seem to hold a very biased view toward women and their supposed "advantages" in the workplace based on your own keen analysis from your "experience."

It is well known that women do not get paid for the same work as men.
what is my biased view? That I personally never witnessed anything but advantages for women ?

That is experience not bias. I am all open ears to their plight. Seriously. I just never saw it. Honest.

And how am I hypocritical if I already spoke to this in dispassionately?

Teach me, I am always open to polite contradiction.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:15 AM

This was a local case that went to the Supremes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_...er?wprov=sfla1

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-12-2016, 11:29 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
This was a local case that went to the Supremes:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilly_...er?wprov=sfla1

thanks... good post

any personal experiences of the same?

I have heard it suggested that women through biology may be less likely to damned pay the same way men do. Should not beta men then bring suits? and then is the issue more biological than gender?

as I said, I have never experienced it nor been in the company of anyone who spoke to it. After 62 years I am sure in casual conversation, if it were a common prevalent problem, someone I know would have spoken to it?

Barb, you like to do drive-bys, why not instead share something substantive on this from your personal experience?.
Old 07-12-2016, 11:41 AM

Quote:
thanks... good post

any personal experiences of the same?

I have heard it suggested that women through biology may be less likely to damned pay the same way men do. Should not beta men then bring suits? and then is the issue more biological than gender?

as I said, I have never experienced it nor been in the company of anyone who spoke to it. After 62 years I am sure in casual conversation, if it were a common prevalent problem, someone I know would have spoken to it?

Barb, you like to do drive-bys, why not instead share something substantive on this from your personal experience?.
My personal experience is mainly military, and generally, it went on there as well.
Men tended to make the rules, written or otherwise, and otherwise was where things really went bad, ruining careers and lives.

Old 07-12-2016, 11:54 AM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
My personal experience is mainly military, and generally, it went on there as well.
Men tended to make the rules, written or otherwise, and otherwise was where things really went bad, ruining careers and lives.

thanks again

I am looking for specifics of personal experiences since mine appear to be so different.

As I have thought about this further, I recall more and more advantages women had. Now granted my experience was in the middle and lower end of retail and later wholesale but men were always overlooked and NEVER paid more.

Sort of a voluntary affirmative action that propelled women not hindered women in my day.

Aside from pay which I have never seen unequal, I recall bosses who had never worked with women previous who were instantly smitten little manipulated toys. But that has a flip side. Women being punished for rejecting advances. I am guessing that is another conversation? Or that has a place here?
Old 07-12-2016, 12:28 PM

Quote:
thanks again

I am looking for specifics of personal experiences since mine appear to be so different.

As I have thought about this further, I recall more and more advantages women had. Now granted my experience was in the middle and lower end of retail and later wholesale but men were always overlooked and NEVER paid more.
Can you list these advantages?

And if you were at the lower or middle end of retail, how is it that you were in a position to know what your female coworkers were paid and hoe that compared to what their male counterparts were paid?

Quote:
Sort of a voluntary affirmative action that propelled women not hindered women in my day.
How exactly did this voluntary affirmative action "propel" women forward in their careers?