Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:09 PM

Iran admits second enrichment facility!

I guess dinnerjacket got word that we had knowledge of it and were going to blow the whistle, so he "reported" it today like you are supposed to report any nuclear facility. For those of you that didn't get Yahoo's speech yesterday, he basically did an overview of the holocaust, with documentation and such, then described what Great Britain did when the Natzis rained bombs on them. The jist was that any country would take action against Iran if they were in the same boat as Israel, but for some reason, nobody seems to be backing Israel's right to do so. Some say that Iran's nuclear stuff is too far underground for Israel to effectively destroy it, however, America has the type of bombs that would be needed. Why don't we back them? Haven't the Jewish people been persecuted enough in this century? I for one, would like to see the whole mite of the US Armed forces backing Israel up. Yahoo also said that if the rest of the world thinks Iran will stop being aggressive after they blow up Israel, they are terribly wrong. I agree, this madman has got to be stopped NOW, not after 1000s of Jewish people get killed and maimed. The centrifuges they are running day and night are industrial ones (I wouldn't be surprised if they were GE made), which are only needed if you want to get your Uranium to 80% or better, which is weapons grade. The machines to bring it to 5 to 10% for electrical plants are much smaller and less powerful. I don't think anyone would say now, that we should have waited so long to stop Hitler, so why are we doing it here? To me, this is way more important than chasing the Taliban around a dessert full of IEDs.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:50 PM

thee whole of NATO needs to invade iran and the european members should oversee the occupation with their troops not ours.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stereocuuple View Post
thee whole of NATO needs to invade iran and the european members should oversee the occupation with their troops not ours.
Oh, yeah...Like THAT'S gonna happen....They polished all the tanks 'n' planes in Nato last month...Wouldn't want 'em to get dirty now, would you ?!?
Old 09-25-2009, 03:11 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
To me, this is way more important than chasing the Taliban around a dessert full of IEDs.
Are you saying we should pull out of Iraq or Afghanistan?
Both?
Neither?????
Old 09-25-2009, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
Are you saying we should pull out of Iraq or Afghanistan?
Both?
Neither?????
I don't know noon, I never really saw the point of either of those wars, unless it really is keeping the terrorist at bay. When you've got a nutcase pointing a loaded nuke around though, I think you have to hit first, and hit like you mean it (damn the collateral damage). Here's the other thing; if he gets the nuke thing going, how many little dipshit dictators will he sell a suitcase size one to?
Old 09-25-2009, 04:35 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twodogs View Post
I don't know noon, I never really saw the point of either of those wars, unless it really is keeping the terrorist at bay. When you've got a nutcase pointing a loaded nuke around though, I think you have to hit first, and hit like you mean it (damn the collateral damage). Here's the other thing; if he gets the nuke thing going, how many little dipshit dictators will he sell a suitcase size one to?
I think we had to go to Afghanistan and so did the world

I think Iraq was a sin (if i believed in stuff like that) and so did the world community

I think we need to build a consensus and take out the Iraq nukes
Old 09-25-2009, 05:18 PM

Photon Torpedos will fix this.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:00 PM

It's a mess and we're pretty screwed. Make no mistake, Bush has screwed America with his imperialistic Neo-con agenda. I'm no military expert, but if we were going to do anything after 9/11 (I wish we had gone about our business) it seems to me we should have sent everything we had over to Afghanistan and gotten the job done right. Now we have Viat-ghanistan and this mess in Iraq. Now a crazy guy pointing Nukes at us. And he knows we won't do a damed thing- we can't there aren't enough troops to do what we're doing. I don't know. Like I say, I'm no military expert. But it all seemed like a bad plan at the time. Looks ever worse now. Who voted for that moron? All this 'cause we they wanted to outlaw gay marriage. Fail again.

Just hope Israel can take out the Nukes without our help.
Old 09-25-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast_Eddie View Post
Just hope Israel can take out the Nukes without our help.
I doubt it, but you never know. If only Bush hadn't given them the plans to build the damn things. Will you libbys ever move past that guy?
Old 09-25-2009, 06:19 PM

and FWIW, I don't think Barry has the balls for war