Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > The Auto industry
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:13 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

LOL!

My coworker's had some trouble with his later model base Chevy full size, and my one bud recently was happy to see his go. It did give him trouble. He HAD to buy a toy yoda though And on a gov't pension to boot!

My neighbor just past 220k in his 89 Chevy 1/2 ton (305 auto) but she's a-rusting badly and the rear's going.

Pete
Old 07-22-2013, 11:47 AM
Admin

Sounds like my missus.
Old 07-22-2013, 11:48 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

BAM!!

Pete
Old 09-17-2013, 10:40 AM

most cars on the road today are dog shit. they are designed to run for 5-10 years and fall apart. simple as that. the best way to tell if a car is a piece of shit is to think about cars from the late 1990s-early2000s and look at how many are still on the road now. one thing is for sure, cars out of japan are not what they used to be. Honda civics/accords Toyota corolla/camry etc, 20 years ago the Toyota corolla and the Honda accord were some of the most solid, well built, over engineered, reliable cars on the planet. they litrally ran forever, why do you think cash for clunkers was REALLY created? to take these old cars off the road, so we would be forced to buy pieces of shit that brake in 5 years!!

worst late model cars I have had personal experience with.

2008-2009 huyndai accent
buddy of mine got one during the cash for clunkers program, he takes care of his cars, but yet after only about 4 years, its blown the head gasket twice, has had two alternators, the AC went out, the engine is already knocking and burning oil, the paint is already burning off of it, and the interior already looks like a 25 year old worn out ford.

2005-2008 Chrysler 300c
these cars were pretty when they came out but already look dated and stupid, the interiors are VERY cheap, almost everyone I know that has one has had all types of electrical problems and transmission problems.

2013 Toyota corolla.
this was extremely sad for me to see. the corolla used to be a tin can but it was bulletproof! the interior didn't have a cheap feel to it, and they ran forever. the new 2013 corolla is underpowered, and is so chinsey, I was sitting in the back seat of one and put my elbow clean threw the rear door armrest with next to no force.

2013 lexus es350 & 2006 GS300
lexus really made a name for themselves in the early 90s, they overengineered there cars, they were SUPER reliable, rock solid, fast/fun to drive and very comfterble, not so anymore. lexus stoped giving a crap around 2003 and it really shows. my boss has a 06 GS300 and he has already blown the tranny, replaced the starter twice, alternator, struts, head gasket etc etc and the car is only what? 8 years old? -pathetic. I drive a 1995 Ls400 back from when lexus was still trying to make a name for themselves and its a damn good very solid car, I recently had mine in for service and got a ES350 as a loner. wow what a cheap piece of trash! everything felt flimsy, had a clunky transmission, already had wear on the seats and controls, it had a frighteningly scary amount of torque understeer, and was just all around crap.

what im really interested in is to see all these new cars as they get old and decrepit, it will be interesting to see how many 2012 dodge chargers, huyndai equuses and sonatas, Nissan maximas, and lexuses will still be on the roads in 2025..
Old 09-17-2013, 11:09 AM
Possibly admin. Maybe ;)

I agree, how on earth can you rebuilt an electrical system with a 4" dia harness?

Pete
Old 09-17-2013, 01:46 PM
Resident octogenarian

There are two year 2000 Chev Impala LSs is the garage here that say you are talking through your hat.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piece-itpete View Post
I agree, how on earth can you rebuilt an electrical system with a 4" dia harness?

Pete
Buy a new harness from J. C. Whitney.

That's when the fun starts.

Chas
Old 10-29-2013, 08:38 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by icenine View Post
I do not believe it......
if Toyota and Honda are on the list it is because of being forced to go to the dealer because of the check engine light failures which are usually (always) connected to the emission control systems. I have been running on bad cat code on my CRV for 4 years (it goes on and off...I wait for it to go off and then drive 30 miles and then smog it)...

that aside I think they are probably high on the list because so many are sold. My Honda Civic went to 289,000 and my Honda CRV is at 242,000. Minor repairs have to be done...
Since 1998 I've had two Toyota Tacoma's and now a Honda Accord.

Loved all three, I doubt I'll ever own anything but a Honda or a Toyota in the future.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:44 AM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Buy a new harness from J. C. Whitney.

That's when the fun starts.

Chas
J. C. Whitney!

That brings back memories!

Buying after market stuff from them to try to keep my old piece of shit clunkers running during my young and broke days.

I haven't bought anything from J.C. Whitney since the 70's.

Are they still in business?
Old 10-29-2013, 09:30 AM
Ready

Interestingly, the new Consumer's Reports rankings out today downgrade some Japanese (or Japanese/American) cars. For the first time is a jillion years, some Europeans and a GM marque (GMC) crack the top ten.

The 6-cylinder Accords take it on the chin. Seems lots of folks have trouble with the cabin electronics.