Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Area Man

Thee effects of Randian Objectivism.........

Here is just a taste of what it will be like in an America where the government endorses Randian philosophy rather than a more altruistic model;

http://www.care2.com/causes/billiona...bama-wins.html

Now, I understand that the guy is free to do with his business as he likes. But, something happens when we go from looking down upon such childish reactions to endorsing them. When political leaders see this and change from saying, "Shame on him." to "Good for him." and actually encourage this sort of behaviour we will all find ourselves in a world of shit. You can bet on it. We'll be hearing about nothing but what we need to give up and/or do for them next in order to keep cry baby punks like this "satisfied"......(As if keeping someone like this "satisfied" is even possible.)

This is the basis for my concern in todays environment, and the source of my disappointment with Obama. I will still be voting for him, but ONLY because the thought of R&R running things make me want to vomit.

Regards,
Dave
Old 10-10-2012, 07:11 PM

The most common sense argument I have heard against Rand is this:

Greed is not a human trait that needs enforcing.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:19 PM
Area Man

Right. And that is exactly what these people plan to do. Enforce it.

Why can't people see that? Why do so many (averge Americans) who do see it, support it?
That's what I don't get. What? Is it fear? Do they see themselves as potentially entitled billionaires? I honestly don't understand, why so many average folks want to grab this tiger by the tail. Plantation Mentality? Stockholm Syndrome? What?

Regards,
Dave

Last edited by BlueStreak; 10-10-2012 at 07:27 PM.