Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:22 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Before you two fall over each other backslapping happily, consider this.

The First Amendment makes the Internet a powerful tool that we all get to exercise in a democracy. Not in countries like China & Saudi Arabia. In fact Internet is a tool of democracy and guess who is against net neutrality?
The same people who openly disdain Democracy........Republicans.

Dave
Old 06-04-2015, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
Right.

Because nobody ever makes up shit about who they are on the internet.
I did say sorry.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:09 AM
Resident octogenarian

Y'all realize that net neutrality also means that if six people on your leg of the net are streaming Netflix you might be lucky to get the equivalent of dial-op.
Old 06-04-2015, 06:32 AM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeamOn View Post
Comes in with postulates with a roar and then quits without a whimper, sort of like SP. But come to think of it, SP is his hero or is it his heroin.?
Wha? He quit?
Old 06-04-2015, 07:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Short of a constitutional amendment repealing/modifying the 2nd amendment, there's no way we as a country will disarm. AFAIK, the Brits have never had that stumbling block.

It's easy to sit back and talk about balls and spines without offering any solution. Got one?
Sure I got one...stop whining behind something you've decided is impossible. It was impossible to stop the corporatists and their stooges in government (including the Democrats who actually started the fucking thing) from waging their war of opportunity in SE Asia. It was impossible to elect a black President.

It's easy to sit back? Nobody said it would be easy. You want to lay down and die while school children are being gunned down 20 at a crack, go right ahead bob. That's what's easy. Or maybe you're one of the many board members I'm told we have who loves his guns.

Humans are a barbarous breed, particularly American humans as the gun history in this country has proven. If we really want a firearms homicide rate like they have in Europe or any other actually civilized country, the only way to do it is get the guns out of our hands. Maybe we really want that sort of homicide rate, or maybe we really don't, eh?

Maybe I'm a fart in the wind, bob. But I won't squeeze my pucker string shut because maybe you think it's stinking up the board. We won't STFU about the impossibility of single payer, but I'm supposed to STFU about a handgun ban? What's that all about?

Last edited by Ike Bana; 06-04-2015 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrylander View Post
Y'all realize that net neutrality also means that if six people on your leg of the net are streaming Netflix you might be lucky to get the equivalent of dial-op.
Technology will increase download speeds to stay with demand. Improving video compression is also evolving. I can now download at 60 Mbps all day at the house with Comcast cable. Better to have neutrality now than use speeds as an excuse to throttle selectively. I am sure ISP's would love to charge a premium for streaming Netflix, which continues to be the #1 consumer of available bandwidth (35% or so).
Old 06-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Bana View Post
Sure I got one...stop whining behind something you've decided is impossible. It was impossible to stop the corporatists and their stooges in government (including the Democrats who actually started the fucking thing) from waging their war of opportunity in SE Asia. It was impossible to elect a black President.

It's easy to sit back? Nobody said it would be easy. You want to lay down and die while school children are being gunned down 20 at a crack, go right ahead bob. That's what's easy. Or maybe you're one of the many board members I'm told we have who loves his guns.

Humans are a barbarous breed, particularly American humans as the gun history in this country has proven. If we really want a firearms homicide rate like they have in Europe or any other actually civilized country, the only way to do it is get the guns out of our hands. Maybe we really want that sort of homicide rate, or maybe we really don't, eh?

Maybe I'm a fart in the wind, bob. But I won't squeeze my pucker string shut because maybe you think it's stinking up the board. We won't STFU about the impossibility of single payer, but I'm supposed to STFU about a handgun ban? What's that all about?
Wow!!!
Old 06-05-2015, 08:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobabode View Post
Wow!!!
Yeah...I know. I think I've said before...it's personal for me.