Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Religion & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Check the latest pronouncement of your interior minister, Tomas de Maiziere.
Don't be coy. What has he said and where is the link?
Old 09-19-2015, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
The migrant wave coming through Europe now are essentially Muslims and most of them want to go to Germany. The European nations (with the exception of Hungary) and the human smugglers seem to want to facilitate this.

There are millions more on the fringe of Europe waiting to undertake this journey and again the majority is shouting Germany.

How do you envisage your country in the near future. Gaddafi must be smiling.
Most of them young adult males that should be fighting for their county instead of running away and leavining it to others.
Old 09-19-2015, 04:50 PM
Jigsawed

Maziere calls for limits and return of the rest of migrants to safe areas in their home regions.

http://news.yahoo.com/german-interio...165728460.html
Old 09-19-2015, 05:18 PM
Banned

This is what happens when the US does nothing. If we went in there one or two years ago they would be living a normal life.
Old 09-19-2015, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Maziere calls for limits and return of the rest of migrants to safe areas in their home regions.

http://news.yahoo.com/german-interio...165728460.html
It appears that what De Maziere's suggesting is not that any refugees currently in Europe be returned but that once a yet to be established limit is reached, those as yet unadmitted be returned to the Middle East and resettled in such safe countries as may exist.

This, of course, is at odds with the position of his boss, Angela Merkel, and would require a joint EU resolution to establish quotas, to implement assimilation and resettlement programs and to remove those refugees in excess of the allowed quota. I suspect that an agreement would never be reached, especially with countries like Britain, Hungary and Germany being so far apart on the issue.

One also has to wonder how these safe Middle Eastern countries would receive the news that Europe was intending to drop thousands of refugees on their doorsteps. Something tells me that it wouldn't go down well.

Frankly, I suspect De Maziere of practicing a bit of political gamesmanship. Perhaps he sees himself as a rival for leadership of the CDU.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:04 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
This is what happens when the US does nothing. If we went in there one or two years ago they would be living a normal life.
I doubt that. Syria is an area of several bad groups.

We were going in to remove Assad. Gaddafi was removed from Lybia, the Egyptian strong man was removed. The results in both Lybia and Egypt are not good.

Assad despite being one of the bad guys is looked upon as a protector by many Syrian minorities. Many people are not aware that the Saudis and Qataris are financing and arming some of the meanest operatives in Syria.

America by removing Assad early would have handed over the country easily to the Jihadists.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:14 PM
Admin

Hmmmmm....now who was it that destabilized the region by attacking the wrong country? ISIL's top commanders are former Baathists, IIRC.
Old 09-19-2015, 06:25 PM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreas View Post

Frankly, I suspect De Maziere of practicing a bit of political gamesmanship. Perhaps he sees himself as a rival for leadership of the CDU.
He suspects that the lady is in trouble because of her megaphoned invitation to the rest of the world.
Old 09-19-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
He suspects that the lady is in trouble because of her megaphoned invitation to the rest of the world.
A bit overstated, don't you think?
Old 09-22-2015, 07:15 AM
Jigsawed

There is increasing infighting and discrimination among the "refugees" as it become clear that Syrians are the preferred ones.

http://news.yahoo.com/syrians-see-im...194308424.html