Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
6-7 would be when you first start going to school, and form a 'community' identity outside the family.

Always thought conservatism was sort of childish. Ever notice how kids want everything to stay as it is when they first get to know it?
Clock-stoppers.
Old 06-17-2017, 09:44 PM

"Somebody's trying to klll me".
http://politi.co/2rBTp5q
Old 06-18-2017, 12:05 PM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dondilion View Post
Of course she is in it to promote herself. That should not take away/deny the notion of "free speech".
And it doesn't, but in this case providing a commercial platform is not promoting free speech. Promoting free speech is usually a smoke screen. She was screening self promotion.

Also, please continue sharing free speech thoughts regardless of what the fascist left says.

Last edited by nailer; 06-18-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pio1980 View Post
"Somebody's trying to klll me".

http://politi.co/2rBTp5q

That was a chilling account.

I was especially moved by the men putting the ten year old under the bench and shielding him with their bodies.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:29 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
And it doesn't, but in this case providing a commercial platform is not promoting free speech. Promoting free speech is usually a smoke screen. She was screening self promotion.

Also, please continue sharing free speech thoughts regardless of what the fascist left says.
There he goes again...
Old 06-18-2017, 01:56 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post

You mean he should keep on being wrong as hell about how free speech applies in this case? My exasperation at this common error should of course not be taken as any sort of fascist feeling, and your insult is not appreciated, given that there are real fascists around these days, and they are not leftists.
Old 06-18-2017, 02:15 PM

I wonder some times as to how much good the practice of free speech on social media has done for this country?
Old 06-18-2017, 02:40 PM
Ready

I'm in no mood to offer a calm assessment. Looks like it's been harmful if anything to me.
Old 06-18-2017, 05:11 PM

In my opinion, the social media has dumbed down the country to the point of no return.
President of this country who is the defacto leader of the free world is using social media almost exclusively to communicate with the people. No more news conferences, no Q & A's and accountability. A very dangerous situation for the people.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
He took up arms against members of government he believed to be tyrannical (just as numerous Republican candidates and lawmakers have advocated). It seems like you believe that the only tyrants that the constitution (and Republican lawmakers) envision being shot by self-proclaimed "patriots" are liberal ones. Now that the victim is one of their own, they're denouncing such extreme rhetoric - a bit late, methinks.

When is the last time you heard a Democratic candidate or lawmaker advocate for "Second Amendment" solutions or "watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants?" It is your party and its NRA sugar daddy that has created the meme that it's a patriotic duty to shoot and kill political adversaries whom you view to be tyrannical (and numerous Republican politicians and talking heads often referred to Obama as a "tyrant.") I have found this kind of rhetoric irresponsible and inflammatory for years now, yet your party continues unabated with this dangerous nonsense. This is the America you wanted and voted for. Own it.

Has the NRA, like leftist Madonna, called for blowing up the White House? Did the NRA release a video of a beheaded President? Did the NRA populate social media with thousands of assassinate Trump postings? Was it an NRA member who shot up a baseball practice full of Congress members and staff last week?

No. The NRA had nothing to do with any of the above, Your bleating about "Second Amendment solutions" not withstanding. Meanwhile your Dems leaders are running around lacing their political speech with F bombs designed to keep their angry base all charged up.

Own that.

Last edited by whell; 06-18-2017 at 07:59 PM.