Go Back   Political Forums > Current events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:03 PM
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
He was thirty-five years of arrests different.

"I can't breathe?" Mimics the feigned heart attacks I've seen pulled multiple times. You cannot trust what a detainee says until submitted and -- typically -- not even then.

In theory, someone might claim that, post submission, officers were negligent for not recognizing situational reality of actual distress (depends upon what they did) but the actual takedown indicates no specific malice.

As for a violation related to the 1993 ban of choke holds, you'll have to prove intent when applied, not what occurred during an arresstee provoked scuffle that was very fluid.

Sum? If the career criminal submits to rightful law, he's alive right now.
cops are out of control

many cops become cops so they can be out ôf control

killing folks because your tough guy act gives you a hard on or because you are a frightened little mouse just means you should never have been given the job

we need major changes in policing

we can start by taking away their guns and prosecuting the cowboys
Old 12-04-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonereal View Post
that's great!

thanks for sharing

good grief
How about less than 1% of blacks killed are by whites.

Pesky statistics.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:13 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Like, say, what actually happened?

1. Offender had a long criminal record dating back 35 years.
2. Was illegally selling taxable items (multiple times).
3. Refused to comply.
4. CONTINUED to refuse to comply once engaged.
5. Got himself accidentally killed.

Easiest way to avoid this?

6. Don't commit criminal activity.
7. Comply when legally detained.

He had since 1980 (first arrest) to figure this out...
The job as described (engage until compliance) could be done by a robot with the IQ of a rodent. Police are expected to function at a human level, which would include not killing people for selling loose cigarettes.

Hell, robots might do better, as they wouldn't get pissed.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:19 PM
AKA Sister Mary JJ

He said "I can't breathe" eleven times. Where did all that air come from?
Old 12-04-2014, 07:21 PM

Looks like Zerolink is echoing Medved, not a big surprise. But as usual, it is a numbers game intended to fool people by not taking into consideration population distribution.

Talk show host: Police kill more whites than blacks

Quote:
Over the span of more than a decade, 2,151 whites died by being shot by police compared to 1,130 blacks. In that respect, Medved is correct.
http://www.politifact.com/punditfact...whites-blacks/
Old 12-04-2014, 07:21 PM
Ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJIII View Post
He said "I can't breathe" eleven times. Where did all that air come from?
I understand how these [scumbags] lie, but I think he demonstrated his sincerity by dying.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:30 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by donquixote99 View Post
I understand how these [scumbags] lie, but I think he demonstrated his sincerity by dying.
No, he died because he felt he was entitled to.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Joad View Post
I watched the video and I can't believe the grand jury didn't send this one to trial. It makes me suspect that there was some kind of jury intimidation going on. Probably very subtle so as to be plausibly denied.

I like the title you picked btw.
As was clearly explained on the evening news, the prosecutor and only the prosecutor decides what evidence the grand jury will and will not see. And since the prosecutor has to work so closely with the police department, an incestuous relationship so to speak, prosecutors routinely steer the juries away from prosecution by allowing only evidence that show the officer in the best possible light, even in cases where police misconduct is obvious. There certainly is ample evidence of that fact. And the opposite is true of the defense as the prosecutor will want a guilty verdict. In the case of the defense the grand jury will only see the most incriminating evidence and all evidence to the contrary will be withheld. This has been happening for decades as evidenced by all the black folks being released from prison after being found innocent.

Basically the entire grand jury system is perverted and corrupt and has no place in a system of "justice".

As civilians, we're fucked from the word go in this country with a corrupt political process and a corrupt judicial process. And oddly we don't even have the good sense to blush when we criticize the same actions in other nations.

Last edited by MrPots; 12-04-2014 at 07:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:35 PM
Persona non grata

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroJunk View Post
How about less than 1% of blacks killed are by whites.

Pesky statistics.
Another one of Zero's many many unsubstantiated lies.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...-other-blacks/

Quote:
The 2013 FBI Uniform Crime Report, a compilation of annual crime statistics, also shows similar data: 83 percent of white victims were killed by white offenders; 90 percent of black victims were killed by black offenders; 14 percent of white victims were killed by black offenders; and 7.6 percent of black victims were killed by white offenders.
Old 12-04-2014, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPots View Post
As was clearly explained on the evening news, the prosecutor and only the prosecutor decides what evidence the grand jury will and will not see. And since the prosecutor has to work so closely with the police department, an incestuous relationship so to speak, prosecutors routinely steer the juries away from prosecution by allowing only evidence that show the officer in the best possible light, even in cases where police misconduct is obvious. There certainly is ample evidence of that fact. And the opposite is true of the defense as the prosecutor will want a guilty verdict. In the case of the defense the grand jury will only see the most incriminating evidence and all evidence to the contrary will be withheld. This has been happening for decades as evidenced by all the black folks being released from prison after being found innocent.

Basically the entire grand jury system is perverted and corrupt and has no place in a system of "justice".

As civilians, we're fucked from the word go in this country with a corrupt political process and a corrupt judicial process. And oddly we don't even have the good sense to blush when we criticize the same actions in other nations.
A very good post Mr. Pots and to the point.