Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:24 PM

Cultural Commons

Empathy seems to be a thing that divides us. Here is a story that might help bind rednecks and gays. If a lesson is to be learned it is for the meanest of the rednecks. White Trash.

A farm hand and I were enjoying an early Detroit Hoedown. While the music played we discussed the Two Step dance and that while I had sang along with words I did not know how to dance it. He said that he would show me and we walked over to an open spot and did the Two Step.

We were two innocent farm hands trying to hand down a little tradition. Sure enough a piece of white trash saw us dancing together and yelled, "Look at them homos!"

He struck us with a glancing blow and was quickly hauled away by security.

The moral of the story is this - bromance is real. Rednecks know it.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:50 PM
Banned

Ok
Old 03-20-2014, 11:22 PM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebacon View Post
Empathy seems to be a thing that divides us. Here is a story that might help bind rednecks and gays. If a lesson is to be learned it is for the meanest of the rednecks. White Trash.

A farm hand and I were enjoying an early Detroit Hoedown. While the music played we discussed the Two Step dance and that while I had sang along with words I did not know how to dance it. He said that he would show me and we walked over to an open spot and did the Two Step.

We were two innocent farm hands trying to hand down a little tradition. Sure enough a piece of white trash saw us dancing together and yelled, "Look at them homos!"

He struck us with a glancing blow and was quickly hauled away by security.

The moral of the story is this - bromance is real. Rednecks know it.
A redneck like the one you described can never deal with anything outside the accepted norm, back home in Buzzards Beak. The loudmouthed cornpone was probably a self-loathing closeted gay himself. I grew up in the country too. There is nothing you can tell me about those guys, that I don't already know. The most important thing in the world to those guys is proving there is nothing "weak" or "deviant" about them. They, more than anyone else, go through life making damn sure they fit the gun totin', he-man, Rooster Cogburn image, rather than just be themselves, instead going through life repressively constrained by peer pressure.

In short, they're full o' shit. There's a reason why I left and never went back.

I hate phoniness.

Dave
Old 03-21-2014, 03:30 AM
Mutated Member

This inhibited queer guy, watching the scene, was simply jealous of your cheerful togetherness.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:21 AM
Jigsawed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4-2-7 View Post
Ok
Moral of the story: Be aware of your surroundings.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:22 AM
Resident octogenarian

Funny,
I grew up in rural Quebec in a village started by my uncle and another gentleman. Did we have any LGBT folks there? Damned if I know, we really did not worry about that back then. Hillary was right though, it does take a village, because you knew that everyone knew you and were careful not to do anything that would embarass your parents. Not that we were terribly inhibited, we sure as hell were not. I must say though that even though it was rural I never saw that 'redneck' attitude, but then the French are more understanding of people's foibles.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:27 AM
Area Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmanKardon View Post
This inhibited queer guy, watching the scene, was simply jealous of your cheerful togetherness.

Exactly, Chris. At the root of it all seeing someone happy, whom he deems to live outside the strictures of his pathetic little straightjacketed world wherein everyone holds the same beliefs, dresses the same, listens to the same music, has the same hobbies...........pisses him off. He hates seeing anyone have the freedom to live their lives as THEY see fit, because he won't.

Fine. He is perfectly free to go back to the shitty trailer park, plop down on the couch with his fat, stupid wife, spin up his Lee Greenwood album, turn on Duck Dynasty and stroke his guns all day, thinking this somehow makes him "unique" and independent. When the ugly truth is that he is as cookie-cutter common as a cockroach and even more deeply controlled than anyone else.

Dave
Old 03-21-2014, 07:41 AM
Mutated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
Exactly, Chris. At the root of it all seeing someone happy, whom he deems to live outside the strictures of his pathetic little straightjacketed world wherein everyone holds the same beliefs, dresses the same, listens to the same music, has the same hobbies...........pisses him off. He hates seeing anyone have the freedom to live their lives as THEY see fit, because he won't.

Fine. He is perfectly free to go back to the shitty trailer park, plop down on the couch with his fat, stupid wife, spin up his Lee Greenwood album, turn on Duck Dynasty and stroke his guns all day, thinking this somehow makes him "unique" and independent. When the ugly truth is that he is as cookie-cutter common as a cockroach and even more deeply controlled than anyone else.

Dave
Time to write a short story or a novel, Dave. Your diction is as good and as entertaining as the diction of Cormac McCarthy!