Go Back   Political Forums > Economy
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2016, 09:48 AM

Trumped up trickle down or Clintonized?

okay folks,
I was hoping to start a discussion on the difference between the GOP and the Dems on tax systems, and what constitutes a healthy economy. After the first presidential debate I was left with a few ideas I had not had before.

If I were Trump, how would I measure an economy as strong. I think it would be when my companies are doing well. When my investments are putting money into my pocket. Please not I said TRUMP, not GOP.

The Dem's, when there are plenty of jobs, low unemployment. When people have money in there pockets and are willing to spend it.

I can see Trumps point of view. If I were in his shoes, I would likely measure it the same way. Same with the Dem's. In a nutshell, it is almost the same perspective - do I have money in my pocket? The question is where you are standing and how that affects your perspectives. Either way a national budget cannot be balanced without a strong economy.

Trickle down economics to me is absurd. What drives jobs in a company is the return on investment, how much better the bottom line gets by having these jobs(employees). If they do not add to the bottom line they are cut. Just because a company gets more money(less taxes) does not mean they will create jobs with them, not hardly.

If the American people are working and at a reasonable rate(pay and unemployment) then they have money in their pocket. If they have money in their pocket they will spend it, consuming goods and services thus putting money into the hands of the companies and creating a demand for the product, and possibly jobs if the demand is high enough.

Either way, I think saying that the economy is directly tied to the amount of taxes people pay, is fundamentally flawed.

thoughts.