Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politicalchat.org discussion boards > Conspiracy theory corner
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-21-2010, 06:45 PM
Loyal Opposition

Not just lawyers sticking together, it's editors too. My note was published my first year on the law review, but the Oklahoma Law Review didn't have quite the level or quality of outside submissions that the Harvard Law Review had. (That doesn't mean that I think my school wasn't exceptional. After all, we won the national championship in football while I was there. When is the last time Harvard did that?)

Obama could have written an outstanding student note, but not made the final cut for publication. When I was one of the editors I had no time to think about writing anything for publication - I had to try to whip the student notes into shape. From my experience, I can say that it is entirely credible that Obama's student note was not published, and that he didn't write any articles during his time as president.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
After all, we won the national championship in football while I was there. When is the last time Harvard did that?
Believe it or not, Oklahoma and Harvard both have 7 college football championships. However, Harvard's last came in 1919.

Last edited by finnbow; 07-21-2010 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-21-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Not just lawyers sticking together, it's editors too. My note was published my first year on the law review, but the Oklahoma Law Review didn't have quite the level or quality of outside submissions that the Harvard Law Review had. (That doesn't mean that I think my school wasn't exceptional. After all, we won the national championship in football while I was there. When is the last time Harvard did that?)

Obama could have written an outstanding student note, but not made the final cut for publication. When I was one of the editors I had no time to think about writing anything for publication - I had to try to whip the student notes into shape. From my experience, I can say that it is entirely credible that Obama's student note was not published, and that he didn't write any articles during his time as president.

Regards,

D-Ray
Ain't no wonder Harvard cain't win at futball. Even if you wuz to drag their asses out of them Ivory towers, their pointy heads wuddn't fit in a helmet.

Ain't a problem fer an Okie!!!

BTW, I catch your drift. And congratulations on being published in your 1st year.

Chas
Old 07-21-2010, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Believe it or not, Oklahoma and Harvard both have 7 college football championships. However, Harvard's last came in 1919, however.
Pointy haids is livin' in th' past.

Chas
Old 07-21-2010, 06:56 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Believe it or not, Oklahoma and Harvard both have 7 college football championships. However, Harvard's last came in 1919, however.
I didn't know they had seven, but I did know that they were a powerhouse back in the day. That's why I asked when was the last time Harvard did that.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-21-2010, 06:58 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Pointy haids is livin' in th' past.

Chas
Pointy head, hell. I'm a cow college graduate (Virginia Tech).
Old 07-21-2010, 07:08 PM
Loyal Opposition

Thanks Chas, but I'm sure that there are a helluva lot of articles better than mine that have been rejected by the Harvard Law Review. It's not surprising that Obama's time with the Harvard law review did not create a paper trial.

Bonus question: What U.S. Supreme Court Justice was runner up for the Heisman Trophy.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-21-2010, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-ray657 View Post
Thanks Chas, but I'm sure that there are a helluva lot of articles better than mine that have been rejected by the Harvard Law Review. It's not surprising that Obama's time with the Harvard law review did not create a paper trial.

Bonus question: What U.S. Supreme Court Justice was runner up for the Heisman Trophy.

Regards,

D-Ray
Ray Nitschke???

Now how in the hell would I know that...unless I cheated and used Google.

And I ain't a cheater. Most of the time.

Chas
Old 07-21-2010, 07:26 PM
Loyal Opposition

Quote:
Y'all put together a pretty good football team from time to time. You know you've hit the big time in college football when your star quarterback gets arrested.

Regards,

D-Ray
Old 07-21-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
I'll have yew know, I went to Lincoln University...but that wuz after they let us white folks in.

Carried a full load during the day, and worked at McGraw Edison of evenings to pay my way. No loan for me.

Then the kops arrested everyone I knew for dope. Know why they didn't arrest me?

Because I was carrying a full load and working evenings. But I've always been lucky in that respect, was too busy working to get in too much trouble.

Anyway, I got a case of the ass and moved to Denver and became a rough in carpenter.

Should have stayed in school. But I always was a loose cannon.

Chas

PS: I take it Virginia Tech ain't the home of the pointy haids???