Political Forums  

Go Back   Political Forums > Politics

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-02-2018, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nailer View Post
Might be the start of the long overdue correction.
The Trump Dump.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:29 PM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) on Friday admitted that did not personally review the applications for surveillance warrants that provide the basis of the classified memo released earlier in the day.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/37...ions-that-form

Nunes is the GOP's Inspector Clouseau.
Old 02-02-2018, 08:59 PM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) on Friday admitted that did not personally review the applications for surveillance warrants that provide the basis of the classified memo released earlier in the day.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/37...ions-that-form

Nunes is the GOP's Inspector Clouseau.
"Nunes said he relied on the review of committee member Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.)" The Hill

No wonder Trey announced his retirement to the Fourth Circuit.
Old 02-03-2018, 01:24 AM
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whell View Post
Really? Conservatism is a set of principles. Rubin has her finger in the air most of the time, and her positions change with the wind, and/or her own personal mission (in this case, she's an ardent "never-Trumper").

Example:

Then: Her "position" on Jerusalem as Israel's capital when Romney was a candidate: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.f37cf6e44d0b

Of course, Jerusalem is the capital. It was declared so in 1948. The Knesset is there. The disposition of its borders is a matter for final status negotiation, but only an uninformed or virulently insensitive administration would be unable to distinguish the two.

Now: Her "position" on Jerusalem as Israel's capital in the Trump era: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...=.f6d98627a0c9

Critical of Trump because the announcement was nothing more than "removing an irritant to Israel". Well, Jenny, either the capital of Israel is Jerusalem or its not. What does it matter whether or not it's Trump's position that Jerusalem is the capital? The answer is, or course, is that it doesn't, unless you're principally driven to be a "never Trumper".

There are other examples where's she's backtracked on previously advocated positions in service to her "never-Trump" ideology. Frankly I don't care if she's a never-Trumper, but her willingness to subordinate her brand of "conservatism" to her "never Trump obsession leads to me to seriously doubt her conservative principles.
That's your proof that Jennifer Rubin is a hopped up lefty, intent on the destruction of all that's holy in St. Ronnie's cloud cuckoo land? Next you'll be saying that David Frum is a fucking stoned out hippy.

Do you even listen to the twaddle that you spout?
Old 02-03-2018, 07:46 AM

Cut and paste any of Whell’s rants into Google, and you will sooner or later wind up here:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/

A site for whack job MAGA types, who have no idea what conservatism is, but sure like to spout a load of nonsense.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:21 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) revealed Friday that Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee would examine other agencies, including the State Department, after releasing a controversial memo alleging surveillance abuses.

Speaking on Fox News just hours after Republicans on the committee released a memo alleging surveillance abuses by the FBI and Department of Justice (DOJ), Nunes said the panel was moving to "phase two" of its investigation.

"We are in the middle of what I call phase two of our investigation, which involves other departments, specifically the State Department and some of the involvement that they had in this," Nunes said.

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/37...n-russia-probe

So, the House GOP's Intelligence brain trust plans to further embarrass itself and other House Trump lemmings? He's the idiotic gift that keeps on giving. Pass the popcorn.
Old 02-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Rational Anarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicks View Post
The Trump Dump.
Nope, the correction I'm speaking of was being discussed before 2017.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnbow View Post
The morons Trump and Nunes undermined the very legal argument they were trying to make in the memo - that the results of the Mueller investigation would be "fruits of the poisoned tree" (i.e., it was initiated by the HRC funded dossier). The memo itself says “The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016." Oops.
When you quote from something, you really need to post the entire sentence, and not cherry-pick. The comment above was specifically related to whether or not the FISA warrant application process was abused by the FBI, and whether the FBI appropriately applied that process when seeking the warrant against Carter Page. The sentence just prior to the one you posted states that there was no evidence of cooperation or conspiracy between Page and Papadopoulos.

You also misquoted: there's no period after "July 2016". The entire sentence reads as follows (in context of whether or not the FBI mis-characterized evidence when obtaining the FISA warrant on Page:

"The Papadopoulos information triggered the opening of an FBI counterintelligence investigation in late July 2016 by FBI Agent Peter Strzok."

Read the entire paragraph - really the entire section that you cherry - picked the quote from - to obtain the correct context for the sentence you misquoted. That section of the memo is about Strzok's behavior and lack of professionalism.

Further, the memo only tangentially references the Mueller investigation, since individual's on the Mueller team were also involved in the FBI's counter-intel investigation that pre-dates Mueller's appointment. I know you guys want to make the memo all about Mueller's investigation. If you actually read the memo it's clear that it is not. The focus of the memo is on the FBI and the Justice Dept, and their use the FISA warrant process prior to the election. Sure, there's overlap into what Mueller is investigating, but you can't treat the FBI counter intel investigation like it never happened, particularly when it appears that FBI/Justice Dept folks acted inappropriately or unprofessionally during that investigation.

Last edited by whell; 02-03-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Banned

Quote:
[*]The "Dossier" was used as a basis for obtaining a FISA warrant, and also for renewing that FISA warrant.

Some of you have been going on and on for over a year now about how Trump conspired with the Russians.
You're such a moron.

First: as finn has already noted, the first FISA warrant was executed on Carter Page in 2013. The "dossier" was not released until 2016...it had nothing to do with obtaining the first three years worth of FISA warrants. So what if information from the "dossier" was used as part of the evidence for renewing the FISA warrant after 2016? The asshole had already been under investigation for three years.

Second: I don't know if Trump was personally involved in a conspiracy or some collusion with the Russians. At this moment, I don't care. What I know, and what the entire Republican party now knows is that Trump committed obstruction of justice when he attempted to interfere with the FBI investigation of Flynn. When Manafort, and Flynn, and Pappadapoulos, and Bannon, and Gates flip...when Donnie Jr., and Kushner flip like fucking pancakes in a frying pan...then we shall see how much Donald knew about the collusion. These people are not from organized crime...more afraid of revenge by their bosses than they are of prison. These assholes don't want to go to prison. They are going to sing like canaries.

At some point Congressional republicans are going to be staring a ton of evidence in the face. Will they be foolish enough to believe they will loose more white nationalist, neo-confederate, bigot support if they call all the evidence "fake" and refuse to impeach and convict, than they will loose if they do impeach and convict? I suppose one never knows for sure, what with the quality of traitorous scum we already know we have inhabiting the GOP side of the aisle, what that scum will do when they are up against it. We shall definitely see.

You really are a fucking fool.

Last edited by Ike Bana; 02-03-2018 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:33 AM
Reformed Know-Nothing

Quote:
When you quote from something, you really need to post the entire sentence, and not cherry-pick...
Immune to irony, eh?

Meanwhile, your Dear Leader tweets this the day after Ryan and Trump's Deputy Press Secretary denied that the memo's intent was to discredit the Mueller investigation:

Verified account @realDonaldTrump

This memo totally vindicates “Trump” in probe. But the Russian Witch Hunt goes on and on. Their was no Collusion and there was no Obstruction (the word now used because, after one year of looking endlessly and finding NOTHING, collusion is dead). This is an American disgrace!
6:40 AM - 3 Feb 2018